Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Axles and A-arms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2001, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I was just wondering, over the winter I am going to widen up the blaster with an axle and get my A-arms extended by SRE. I was wondering, what do you guys think of the SRE a-arms, and an RPM Dominator axle? Will both these hold up well. Are they quality products? Good service? Also I was wondering If you buy an aftermarket axle, do you have to get that special anti fade locknut? Or is that just something that most people get just because it is a little better? One more thing, is the Durablue Eliminator a good quality axle? Or would I be wasting 300 bucks? It is less than the RPM but I want to know if it is as good? Thanks

Old 11-16-2001, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an Eliminator on my 400EX, and a Lonestar on my Banshee. So far I think they are about the same, but I have put much more abuse onto the Eliminator at this point. I did break an X-33, so, to sum up that experience, I can say I don't care for DuraBlue's warranty/customer service.

You might want to try the RAD loc axle nut. I have one on my Banshee, with a tapered bearing carrier, and it never loosens.

I think either one will work fine on a Blaster, since Blasters tend to have a lighter rider and don't usually jump as big. If one axle is less expensive, I would say save some $$$ and get the cheaper one. If you are a heavier person, or really jump big, I suspect the Lonestar might be better. I haven't had to deal with them, but I have heard good things about them. When I broke my DuraBlue, there was a long wait, and I also found out their "Lifetime" warranty is pro-rated, meaning you don't get a free replacement if it breaks.