Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

wolverine, let the mods begin...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2001, 03:01 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I looked at Powroll website saw the high compression piston along with a midrange cam. They say the two together work great. Anyone have any doubts on this?

Old 11-27-2001, 09:11 AM
Pro Rider

I don't doubt it at all. The only thing I don't like about is that you have to send in your cam as an exchange, which sounds like you'll have to tear down before you get your parts, and you won't be able to put it back to stock when you go to sell the quad. Not a big deal, but most people don't like to buy quads that have been fooled around with too much.

Old 11-27-2001, 10:30 AM
Pro Rider

If your going to be diggin into the wolverine motor with pistons, cams and the like. you'll be left wanting unless you change the cylinder head and carb to one from a warrior. check out the specs

The carb, intake and valves on wolverines are small.

Old 11-27-2001, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Thenewfiebullet do you have a high performance exhaust and a header on your Wolverine? I cant seem to have any luck finding header pipes for it, I am also going to put a torque stuffer I it. I dont really know how much power it gives it but it goes in the exhaust system and gives it more low end and midrange without touching the top end power. Sounds cool and its only $30 so i figured what the heck.

Old 11-27-2001, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hey thenewfiebullet do you have a high performance exhaust and a header pipe on you Wolverine? I havent had much luck with getting a header pipe. I think I'll end up putting a torque stuffer on also with whatever I get.

Old 11-27-2001, 06:09 PM
Pro Rider

My bad i thought it wasnt gonna send the other one when i hit cancel but it sent it anyway.

Old 11-27-2001, 09:10 PM
Range Rover

Thanks fellows,
Hey warrior51 thanks for the info. I went & looked at the specs. & sure enough, what website sells warrior parts?

I'm still stumped about which cam & piston to go with.
Powroll looks good but are they quality parts?
I went & looked at WebCam's website & they sell a cam that has a strong midrange & topspeed. They say its good for race engines,I dont know if I would consider the wolverine a racer,not yet any who.

Old 11-27-2001, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

SpeedDemon, I just have the K&N power kit, a Wiseco Piston and Alminum rims put on my Wolverine. I've been shopping for a pipe for a long time, but as most are made in the States they get very expensive in Canadian dollars. The White Brothers E series is over $600, and that's just a pipe, no header.
Warrior007 had a good point though. Maybe it would be worth looking into a used head off a Warrior. I wonder if the lift and duration on the cams are different.

Old 11-28-2001, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

thenewfiebullet, the wolverine and the warrior have the same cam and the same top end design. the only differnces that i know of it that the wolverine has a 34mm carb where as the warrior has a 36mm and, and the low end of the motor has been redesigned for a shaft drive. Thats all i can think of off the top of my head. Something is telling me that I'm forgetting something but i cant think of it. They even have the same compression ratio. But if i was going to put a warrior head pipe on my bike i may have a little trouble because the measurements will probably be different. To be honest with you i dont really know if it will fit or not. It would be my guess though that thats why you would have to order different headers in the first place because the structures of the bikes differ. Now a muffler wont make that much difference because it bolts onto the head pipe. I have a copy of 3&4wheel atv action and they did a test on a wolverine and the new big gun race exhaust, and they said that you could put that same pipe on a warrior. But thats the muffler not the header. If i remember corractly you can put Warrior aftermarket cams on your wolverine, but i may be wrong. I thought i remembered some guy doing it. man thats alot of money for a pipe, i though 300+ was bad for the whole system. I still havent found an aftermarket company that i get a header pipe on my bike from. I have checked alot of big companies and i hant had any luck, if anyone out there knows anywhere feel free to say. Thanx

Old 01-01-2002, 10:59 PM
Trailblazer

Hi, I am selling my big bear and getting a wolverine, I was wondering what kind of performance gain you got by installing he wiseco piston, thanks, and hey, if you know anyone who wants a big bear, mine is currently on ebay, it is the red one in KY, excellent shape.

Quick Reply: wolverine, let the mods begin...