Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Have a Grizz 660 and love it....

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 10:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To start I'm new on this site and really enjoy reading everyones opinions. It is a great place to get info on a variety of ATV subjects.
I just want to post my opinion on the Grizz. First let me say I'm somewhat disappointed in a few of my fellow Grizz brothers for bashing this great ATV. I have 240 miles and 33 hours on mine with not one single problem. Been in water, mud, climb hills, flats, tight trails, wide trails, mountains, swamps pretty much any kind of terra firma you can imagine and she has handled them all and is constantly asking for more. I plan on giving it everything I as the rider can handle and I'm pretty darn sure that anythig I can handle my Grizz will be there right beside me and it won't let me down.
I even have the so called dreadful silver. If anyone who bought the silver and is now complaining about the paint would have done some research before their purchase they would have known it was a painted ATV. Sure I have a few scratches and sure I'll get a few more but the day a scratch affects performance is the day I crap gold logs, and unfortunatly I don't see that happening anytime soon. All said I am very pleased with my purchase and if I was crapping out gold logs let me tell you I would sure have more than one GRIZZ 660 "The King of the Mountain".

Old 11-28-2001, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

Last saturday my brother let me drive his Beige 660! I have to say I was really amazed at the power and smoothness of this beast! Got it up to 50 in no time! I took it down a township road, and rode it out in the pasture and lowland hay meadow, and the suspension is awesome, even when I was riding on the back when he was driving! Needless to say, I would get one if I had the cash![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2001, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

Burnoffski,

Amen. I have enjoyed the heck out of my 660 Grizz...and I keep looking for that terrain that it won't handle. So far, it takes everything I can find and wants more.

Happy Holidays,

SilverBear

Old 11-29-2001, 02:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

I love mine. If I had the money, I too, would buy another one in a heart beat. One for Saturday and one for Sunday.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-29-2001, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

660Griz,

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] If money were no option, I'd keep my Silver for styling around, I'd have a camo for hunting season, and go get one of those blue ones in Canada. Those are pretty neat looking. Hey, have you done any mods to your grizz...pipe, jets, etc?

SilverBear

Old 11-29-2001, 04:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

No mods yet. I think first I am gonna get Yamaha skid and cv protectors. Brushed aluminum with a Grizzly etched into em. Then, I am gonna replace the stock tires.
I love that blue plastic. I am trying to figure out a way to get it. My silver is looking pretty ragged. Griz has been rolled on rocks and yard. Not to mention the jungle clearing I have done on it. Got new handlebars, grips and headlight switch today. I might can get some after market stuff once I can keep it on 4 wheels. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
But, the griz takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. I have actually contemplated sell/trading my Vmax for another Griz. Hard to justify but, that would be sweet.

Old 11-29-2001, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

Grizz660,

Yah, my first order of business is new wheels & tires. I have a quote of $805.00 for billet aluminum rims with 27" Bi/Tri's for the Grizz...think I'm going to have to wait until after Christmas, though. Then I'll be looking at the pipes/jets. Sounds like you've put your grizz through the paces....ever been disappointed yet? I'm sure sold on it, as mine keeps amazing me.

SilverBear

Old 11-29-2001, 11:45 PM
Trailblazer

silver bear, who sells those tires at good price thinking about the same set up.

Old 11-29-2001, 11:56 PM
Pro Rider

I love my silver grizz as well, my grizz came in with a little frt. dmg and wile I was wating for the replacement parts I found that there are a couple of duplicolor tuch up paints that match prety well. I have added ITP D style chrome steel wheels. You have to use the front wheels all the way around but they still look great. I used OE tires from the honda foreman. Anyone planning to go to 26" tires with custom wheels you will need some kind of lift kit. I found that on my grizz with its custom wheels in hard turns the rear tires rub the outer front edge the rear fender, just sometimes. Love the power, the ride the handeling, everthing about it. ti is the best bike I have ever owned.

Old 11-30-2001, 01:03 AM
Pro Rider

cc1999, I've heared of lots of Griz owners putting on big 27 and 28 inch tires with no rubbing. I'm not aware of anyone using a lift kit or that one even exists for it. I'm suprised that your 26ers are rubbing. Do your wheels have less offset than stock?

Quick Reply: Have a Grizz 660 and love it....