Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Trinity Pipe or DMC Alien

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2001, 02:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a 2001 Raptor and want to get an exhaust. I decided on the GYTR for the best bang for the buck but now its on back order.

I think I should probably get a full system anyway due to future engine mods. Do any of you have experience with either the DMC, Trinity, Yoshi, Big Gun, etc. but especially the DMC or Trinity? Also who has these in stock right now that you know of? Trinity says 3 weeks and all the places I've looked are out of stock on the DMC. Thanks.

Old 11-29-2001, 01:49 PM
Pro Rider

Just wait till after xmas.

Trinity has a great full pipe in all stainless steel. If you are running stock or near stock, go with the stock head pipe and a GYTR or HMF tip. What to see a non-bias dyno run on a HMF tip vs. a full Big Joke exhaust >>>>.. http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_craig/raptor_mods.htm

Old 11-29-2001, 06:33 PM
Pro Rider

sparks and DMC alien are the best.

Old 11-29-2001, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Juggalo,

Put your money where your mouth is. Give me some data to show that the Sparks stuff or the DMC stuff is best. I want to see your dyno data comparing a stock head pipe with a GYTR tip (open air box and jet kit) VS Sparks and DMC.

Like CT, they only compare between a bone stock system and theirs after making major tweeks to get an impressive (or so they think) result. Absent your proof, keep the chrome on your bike but don't recommend it to others.

Old 11-29-2001, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I run an LRD full race and I love it, it works great with a good top end cam. I can flat out smoke any big gun raptor with a cam.

Old 11-29-2001, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I owned a Graydon & BG full systems and my brother a full DMC and HMF slip on. The BG will rocket you better out of corners better then any of these pipes. The HMF is a great slip on, but not up to par w/ full systems. The BG doesn't rev as much as a DMC but kills it down low. The Graydon didn't ssem to shine in any one area, but is a great choice. I still have the BG,because of the great low and mid for mx racing. I know I'll get heat from dyno people, but what happens when temps change and elevation change. You can't bring a dyno to the dunes. My experience is from months of riding on each pipe not a 10 minute fling down the road and back. HMF is the best bang for the buck, but not the best, despite what a dyno says.

Old 11-29-2001, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

If your BG works that good, you my friend have a freak of nature. The 4 stroke tech cams are Mega Cycle cams from California. Most -- well all of their cams were designed for the xt600 and not for the 660 in the atv application. They are not known for low end power and may work ok with a BG pipe that has no low end power. On a tight track, a slip on will out do the BG.

Old 11-29-2001, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

i don't have any proof but i have seen dyno charts i think however i rdon't remember where...its just that every1 who knows a lot always says that those 2 are best.

Old 11-30-2001, 12:59 AM
Pro Rider

Just curious there "720", I hear you always recommending the stock head pipe/slip-on's, but have never seen any true data from you either? I suppose you go along with Yamaha's claim of a 22% gain in HP over stock for their slip-on? I do not claim anything other than my DMC makes my Raptor a whole lot more fun to ride than the stocker. Just curious, but I would like to see some real data from you too.

Old 11-30-2001, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I'm so glad Raptor720 you know how the out come is. I don't recall riding w/ you. See I'm not biased toward a manufacturer. I just want the best for my situation so I tried a number of pipes and the BG is the best. Sorry to disappoint you of all people. Tell me all the pipes you tried??? My brother and I spent almost 2k in trying different pipes. Maybe you should call BG like I did and ask some in depth questions. I don't know about Sparks or others so I didn't comment on them. Tell us you experience in Sparks, CT, Pro Circuit, and others. A slip on HMF will not beat a full BG. FACT!!!!!!! A dyno is a controlled run in fixed conditons. The real world involves seat of the pants testing on Mother Earth.

Quick Reply: Trinity Pipe or DMC Alien