Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

GRIZZLY 2002

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2001, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have not had any problems yet. My grizz has been flawless also. So far its the best bike I have ever owned.

Old 12-05-2001, 01:01 AM
Weekend Warrior

Knowsalot,

I gather from your post you are a dealer for yamaha. A quick question, I was told by a local dealer (when I told them I reaaaaaally wanted the black kodiak) that if I bought in Canada (the only ones who can get black) that they would not warrenty it, and Yamaha would stand behind them.

True or False?

Old 12-06-2001, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

I am a new member and this is my first post, you guys seem real helpful. Maybe I am just way behind, but I haven't heared of any problems with the 02' Grizzly. I just got mine in August and it runs like a dream. Could ya'll fill me in with the problems?

Old 12-07-2001, 12:01 PM
Pro Rider

I too havent had a single problem with mine either. I have taken it through some paces that would scare alot of riders, without even a hint of a problem. I have had it 6 feet in the air at 40 mph, traveling 24 ft. I have buried it up to the tank in mud and water without it ever spuddering once. I have NEVER had the belt slip, shocking as it was to me with the depth of the water. My front shaft is as tight as all the others, and it is going on 100 hours of riding. I am in love with this machine, and have never regretted buying itfor even a moment. I would HIGHLY RECOMEND the purchuse of one to my family and friends. As fro anyone who has had problems with theres, i feel bad for ya's. Couse mine takes a lickin, and keeps on ticken.

Old 12-07-2001, 04:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

mich660griz,
did you know that Michigan now has organized ATVers in our State?Have you heard about MATVA?[Mich All Terrain Vehicle Assoc.]

Web site is www.miatvassoc.com

Its a great group of riders and folks.

Bill G.

Old 12-08-2001, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Have 2 660's and no problems, awesome atvs

Old 12-08-2001, 10:36 PM
The Facility

Mrs.Silverbear,

Being that I am a dealer in the South, I have never ran across the situation that you describe, so I am not sure whether the warranty would stand in the states or not.

One thing though, if it is true, you could purchase your Kodiak here and then order black plastic from a dealer in Canada. It would be costly but I DO KNOW, that it wouldn't affect the warranty.

KNOWSALOT

Old 12-08-2001, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Knowsalot~

On my Grizz, the front left axel does slide out about an inch. (I don't know if I can pull it out all the way, because I didn't want to try) The other three don't budge, and my other quad with full independent suspension is tight on all four. I took the Grizz into the local dealer I bought it from and they told me they would call Yamaha and get back to me, because they've never heard of that issue (I did show the service guy).

Needlesstosay, they never called me back, so the next time I was in, I asked them about it and the service guy told me that it's "normal" there are no problems, and if I want it not to slide out I would have to pay for it. He told me that if it falls out while I'm riding, then it's a problem. I've owned this Grizz now for about two months (Love the machine and would buy it all over again), but I must admit that this doesn't seem right. Not being mechanically inclined, I still can't imagine that it's right for this thing to slide out when the other three don't.

My question for you is, are they right? Am I being paranoid, and it's normal for 1 axel to slide out of the diff, but the other three to not slide out? I paid full MSRP on this machine, and I'm kinda thinkin...if the Dodge dealership put me off on something like my Diesel, I would have raised a lot of hell...I haven't done that yet with this dealer....yet..any input would really be appreciated.

Thanks & Happy Holidays!

SilverBear

Old 12-08-2001, 11:58 PM
Pro Rider

<< If there was a majority of grizz's that have probs(like you posted), then there would have been a recall. >>

I am not trying to stir up anything here, but.... Is it just me? Or is Yamaha the only Manufacturer not to issue recalls? The much publisized Raptor issues were all shuned off by Yamaha to the best of my understanding.(then they change the tranny and rear axle for the 2002 model and say it is for performance???) I have also heard of some class action lawsuit against Yamaha for that reason with the Raptor. Don't get me wrong, all manufacturers are going to have teething problems w/first year models. It just seems that Yamaha is so worried about catching up to Honda in sales that it doesn't give a crap about the people buying their products. It is this reason alone that stears me away from the company.

Old 12-09-2001, 09:42 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Mojave why don't you go back to the kawijunki forums and stay there![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

burnoffski

Quick Reply: GRIZZLY 2002