Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

GRIZZLY 2002

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2001, 11:28 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to me Mojave said it pretty clearly. I have a 2001 Raptor, and can only feel that Yamaha doesn't really care about the problem they have with them (or their customer). I realize that in the days before the internet a company didn't have to worry about everyone talking together and finding out about a manufacturing defect. But things change, and we now are all finding out about things like this without Yamaha telling us. Yamaha seems to be living by the old idea that no one will really find out about what they are doing to us all. The way that Yamaha is handling the 2001 Raptor situation is what is making me decide to buy a Kawasaki 650 Prairie instead of the Grizzly for my next ATV. Whether there are any major problems with the new Grizzly or not, I no longer feel that I can trust Yamaha to be straight with me. Sad, but true...

I have had over 25 dirt bikes and street bikes over the last 30 years, many of which I have taught people to ride that have never shifted before, and have NEVER had a transmission problem. And they have the nerve to tell me that it's a RIDER caused problem?! Treat me like an idiot Yamaha, and I'll reward you with going to another company.

Good luck,
Lorrin

Old 12-09-2001, 01:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Knowsalot

I bought the kodiak from Canada. I'll deal with warrenty issues when I have to. I am not too far from the border, about 40 minutes, so if I have to take it to Canada for warrenty work, I will, kicking my feet the whole time of course.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Blacky is due in Wednesday. I hope it is as pretty as the picture.

Old 12-09-2001, 01:28 PM
Weekend Warrior

well I went to WSA I went in the yamaha trailer and the said the was beat by the sportsman700[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-09-2001, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Aliendude~

Come again?

SilverBear

Old 12-09-2001, 09:10 PM
Trailblazer

All I have to say is I took the Grizz throught the paces yet again and still no problems after another 35 mile trip through the wilderness.

I did see a Grizz 660 with 26" 589's. My only disapointment is when we got to the BIG MUDHOLE the guy ridin' wouldn't even try the hole even after I went through with the stock tires. I'll tell you if I had those tires I would have put it in low with DIFFLOCK and showed 'em all what the Grizz is all about.

Old 12-09-2001, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Burnoffski~

I hear you. My new rims & tires should be here next week. Mud MAchine 27" Tri/Bi Claws on ITP Magnum billet Aluminum rims. I have a particular mud hole that is going to be revisited by the Grizz once I have the new claws on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Old 12-09-2001, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

We to put our 660's through the test again today, no problems. There is one complaint I have about it, when you get in deep water it seems to flow right in to the belt and I have to stop and drain it once again. At least they made it easy to drain, actually it only happens when i get the front end to high out of the water. The 600 never got wet b/c the belt exhaust was in the front of the quad, I still love the 660's. (GRIZZD-OUT IN FLORIDA)

Old 12-10-2001, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

hey all. I have put mine through one test after another. I had it to the tank in water last weekend, without the belt slipping once, or the engine spuddering at all.If i were to grade the 660 grizzly from my machine, it would be nicknamed (GOD) lol. I can only say that I find it to be the perfect machine!!! I can't say anything about the dealerships at all, couse i've never used one other than to buy my toys. If the dealerships are anything like any other dealerships on other toys, then they probibally do avoid anything that wont make them money. If yamaha is as bad as i have read, then i can only say, its a company who only wants to make money people!!! if dealerships were at all eager to replace anything people were complaining about, then ford wouldn't be in the mess they're in!!! Ride hard, buy tools, repair on weekdays, and ride the damn thing hard again, heehee!!! Try not to die, and your ahead of the game!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-10-2001, 07:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 2002 660 and have not had the first problem with it. I have ridden it hard anf it has yet to fail me. It is very fast and well worth the money that it cost. I have had mine through the mud and up some very steep hills and it has not let me down. I have not had to put mine in 4 wheel drive yet but hope to soon. I can't seem to find mudholes that are big enough around my area. I will find some though.

Old 12-10-2001, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

hey rebelracer, if you havent found deep enough mud and water yet, then try the nearest lake, lol. you might even need the 4 wheel drive there, heehee. I have had the privledge to use my 4 wheel drive along with the diff. i have had it in mud so deep that a truck with 44in mudders was stuck, so i went in and drove him out on the back. needless to say, he and all the others there were quite shocked!!!I also was on a huge sandhill in a city called mio, michigan. i watched a warrior get stuck about 1/2 way up, with no way to get off the bike without it going endo all the way down. I pulled up next to him, threw him a towrope, and towed him the rest of the way up, app. 50 yards, lol. So much power, so little mud!!!
i cant wait for the second coming, then there will be the $hit to go through, lmao!!! good riding, and remember, if your not dead, your just not riding hard enough, lmao!

Quick Reply: GRIZZLY 2002