Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Swing Arm Skid Plat/Renthal Bars for Raptor

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 01:52 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does any one have the PRM swing arm skid plate? How does it rate for a 2001 Raptor?

Also does anyone have the GYT-R swing arm skid plate for the same?

One more for ya, Does anyone have the Renthal handle bars for the raptor?
I know they make ones specifically for the raptor and I heard of some guys using the Banshee bend. Which is better to use?

Old 12-06-2001, 02:07 PM
Trailblazer

Don't use the DG skidplate. I bought the first, It bent the 2nd night out.
Do to it being the cheapest, I got a 2nd Skid. It too bent within the first week.
When I say bent, It was bad enough the guard pushed its way into the sprocket or brakes. It is better than stock plastics!!!

I now have a PRM and it's now held up for about 3 months, It's banged up pretty bad, Knicks and dents all over. But, It did its job, Protected my Brakes and sprocket.
The metal did not yet bend or lose shape enough to worry me about damaging brakes or sprockets. And I can remember A few Nasty landings off a jump where I Smacked rocks.
As of right now I would recommend the PRM.

I don't know bout the Skidplate for gytr, But the Belly pan is a wild design, I like how it fins away from the center Chassis. It also bows out to protect the transision from belly pan to swing arm protection.

Renthal Bars?? No clue, It is a good question I Like to see the remarks on that as well.

Old 12-06-2001, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

If you ride the trails, I highly recommend looking at the Protect Stainless Steel skidplate. I've been running one for at least 6 months and it is still in great shape. I too bent up a DG aluminum skidplate in a matter of weeks.

For an aluminum one, I would check out RAD Manufacturing in addition to the PRM one. They have a .250 thick aluminum one with no welds.

Good Luck!

Old 12-06-2001, 02:25 PM
Trailblazer

Ijust called around for the prices of the PMR it is like $90 and I can get one in a local shop for the same as order through them. The GYT-R is like $180 for the swing arm and not in stock any where in my area. Funny but the GYT-R belly pan they said is like $99. ? For the price if the protection is the sam I'll go with the PRM. I have a PRM Desert Grab Bar and I like it. I ordered directly from PRM and they were nice and I got it on time.

Old 12-06-2001, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

On the Renthal bars I have the 400ex
bend the shee bend is no good for
the Raptor I have not seen the Raptor
bend

Old 12-06-2001, 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

i have the gyt-r a arms skid with prm engine skid in .190 and the pro-tect stainless swingarm skid that is the SET UP. i also have the renthal banshee bend bars they fit ok about a 1/2 in narrower than stock. i used the alloy specialties billet bar clamp

01 BLU 660R

Old 12-07-2001, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

I had the DG skid bend right into my brake rotor which got totally trashed as a result. I have the prm swing arm and the gyt-r full body skid (couldnt figure out why it was so cheap compared to the swing arm plate). seems ok and holding up. my riding partner got the rad manufacturing .250 and it is really nice, he also got the renthal raptor bend handle bars (after waiting months), they are nice but not so nice I had to get a set for myself

Old 12-07-2001, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Heres my Renthals. I don't know if they are specifically for a Raptor. They do have an atv bend. RockyMtnAtv 69 bucks. Copy and paste my URL and click on Quads at the dunes and look for the close-up pic of the Raptor in the front yard. Webshots won't let anybody copy and paste photos.

Old 12-07-2001, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer

I have PRM products on my Raptor and my BANSHEE. they are cheaper and better made then DG or any others in my opinion. PRM makes great products at a GREAT price. i recommend them.

Old 12-08-2001, 08:07 AM
Trailblazer

Sandgod,

They look ok to me. Look similar to stock. So do you have a part number or are they a particular bend? How would I order a pair like yours? I also like you WB nerfs.

Quick Reply: Swing Arm Skid Plat/Renthal Bars for Raptor