Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

YZ426F Warrior????

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2001, 11:36 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i would like to find a yz426f motor place it my warrior frame. i know the warrior is not that good for racing. it is just to heavy at to stiff. but i think i could help this problem by add after market a-arms and swing-arm from either ROLL DESIGN or LONESTAR. i know that the mor should fit with some home made mods to the frame. i just wonder how hard it would be to hok up liquid cool system on my frame where there is room.
i just wonder if yamaha may do the same in the up coming years. i think the would make an awsome machine for motocross and cross-country both.

Old 12-16-2001, 03:37 PM
Pro Rider

I, personally, don't think we'll ever see a YZ426F engine in a Warrior frame direct from Yamaha, for the exact reason that you stated. The Warrior frame just is not high-performance material, and the engine would likely just be too much for it. If anything, you'll probably see an updated 350 in an updated Warrior frame, or the YZ426F engine in a Raptor frame. The Warrior's frame is designed to be a "sport" ATV, not high-performance.
It would be cool to see that engine in place of the Warrior's, but I think it would be better if it were in a more race-inspired frame.

Old 12-16-2001, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

i think if we see the yz426 engine in any existing quad it'll be the banshee.

Old 12-16-2001, 05:25 PM
Trailblazer

i think that YZ426F will be coming out in 4-wheeler in the up coming years. it won't be in either a WARRIOR or a BANSHEE. the warrior frame is not high preformance. the banshee frame is to stiff and is not even that much better than the warriors frame. they are both stiff and a little rougher handling.
i think that yamaha will go in and totally redo the WARRIOR. it will have a whole new frame that may look a whole lot like the 400ex. i am as much of a yamaha guy as anyone but the 400ex has the best factory built frame, even better than the RAPTOR'S. so yes i think it will come out in a production bike, probley a totally new redone over warrior.

Old 12-16-2001, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

That's a possibility, juggalo, but is Yamaha willing to stop production of the most radical ATV ever made? I mean, just the phrase, "350cc 2-stroke twin," strikes fear into the hearts of 4-stroke riders. Does Yamaha really want to just drop that?
Likewise, the Warrior probably won't jump classes, as right now it's in the same league as the 300EX, and, according to Yamaha's website, is the "The best-selling sport ATV of all-time." Though, I could DEFINITELY see it being updated, hopefully to kick the handling up to par with the 300EX, as well as perhaps an engine update, plus all of the little things that are old/outdated/annoying etc.

What would be really awesome is if they just came up with a whole new ATV, but I really don't know if that would happen. I mean, Yamaha already has how many sport ATVs? Blaster, Warrior, Banshee, and Raptor... would they up that number to 5 (six, if you include the Wolverine)? I really have no clue... after all, I'm not Yamaha. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-16-2001, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

they have enough success with the banshee, they need to make the warrior with the 426 engine and also make the warrior sportier to compete with the 400ex, i would buy one

Old 12-18-2001, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

I look for an updated Warrior in a few years. I don't think that it will be called the warrior though. It will be a completely new quad and the warrior will simply get the ax.

Here's an interesting fact though:

The warrior has been produced since 1987 making it the oldest atv still available today. I think that says something for the Warrior... and that is that it's an extremely reliable quad, BUT the technology is approaching 15 years old just like all the other quads.

I think that the cannondales are the wave of the future.

Oh and by the way... ROLL Design doesn't make any parts for the Warrior

Old 12-18-2001, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider

I think they will get rid of the warrior and the blaster eventually, and make a new 4 stroke replacement for the blaster, with an auto clutch, and then make the 426 quad in place of the warrior.

Old 12-18-2001, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

i say yamaha wont kill the warrior because it is such a good bike. the banshee and the blaster will get the ax before the warrior because the warrior out sales both of them.
i think yamaha will totally redo the warrior with a new and more high-performance which will look more like the 400ex's.they will keep it for the name because everyone knows how good of a bike the warrior is. so they will think the 426 warrior will be that good.
yes i know that ROLL DESIGN doesn't make parts for the warrior but they do for the banshee, which will fit on some warriors.