Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs Cannibal

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 09:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MTecate4,
I find it interesting that you thought the Cannibal felt smaller than the Raptor, when in fact size wise, the Cannibal is both longer and wider that a RAptor. Heck the Raptor is almost smaller than a 400ex! Maybe its the seat height (higher than almost any sport quad ever made) that makes it seem bigger. Not bashing, just an observation...

RoostKing...

Old 12-25-2001, 11:06 AM
Pro Rider

I watched a stock Cannible beat a piped/jetted/K&N 2001 Raptor at our dealer by multiple bike lengthes. There was a guy there selling that Raptor for $5500(it had $3000 in mods) and a guy selling his 416ex, both to buy a Cannible.

Old 12-25-2001, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Are you sure the guy on the Raptor didnt work for the dearlership? A tuned Raptor with a pipe filter is fast and I dont see a Cannidale winning by multiple quad lengths..not the ones I have ridden any way!

Old 12-26-2001, 01:44 AM
Trailblazer

Hurycne; You must not know how to ride, or you rode a detuened c-dale. A stock c-dale will baet a mod raptor by a few yards.It no big deal, there alway someone faster that someone else out there!!

Old 12-26-2001, 01:54 AM
Pro Rider

I know how to ride but the race was not a 1/2 just a couple of hundred feet pretty close to me.

Old 12-26-2001, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider

I don't care about top speed, the biggest difference between the two is the handling.

Old 12-26-2001, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

<< Got great news for raptor guys. Heres a test between the raptor and cannibal.

stock to stock
even. Winner depended on who got the best start.

cannibal with hmf and raptor with Yosh slip on

Raptor won every time.

IT just shows how detuned the raptor is.

The cannibal is so highly tuned already it cant gain much more out of pipes and filters and so on. The only thing i like better about the cannibal is the light weight feel of the bike. I almost got one till i sat on it and it feels to small for me. I m not bashing the cannibal just letting you guys know what me and my buddies found out.
>>

Just to let everyone know that is total crap. Stock vs. stock the Cannible smashes the Raptor.

Old 12-27-2001, 12:31 AM
Trailblazer

Geez, Now I have to come back and defend the Raptor guys in their own forum. I think whoever says a stock Can will &quot;smash&quot; a raptor is smoking some serious crack. I was never smashed by any quad even with a stock Motor on the Rap. I know eveyone thinks the cans are so fast, but tell that to the guy with one at our local races that gets to see my bike twics a race. Once when he gets holeshotted and once when he gets lapped. Is he a crappy rider, maybe, but i guarantee you give me a piped raptor and I'll kick every stock Can out there in a drag, even MR. Dealers. You boys can bring your money to Ohio if you feel froggy enough. The only Reason the Can feels fast and has good bottom end is because or the 12.5 to 1 piston. Stick one of those in a raptor and bye bye cannondale. There is just no substitute for CC's As far as handling goes, my fully modded CT/TCS raptor handles almost indenticle to my laeger pro trax with PEP ZPS suspension, and yes, the lap times are better. Raptor puts out 59HP, Protrax put out 52HP (265 Sparks Pro Kit). So bring your Cans and your Pink Slips and put your money where your mouths are. Enough smack, line em up (pictures Forthcoming)

Old 12-27-2001, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider

<< Geez, Now I have to come back and defend the Raptor guys in their own forum. I think whoever says a stock Can will &quot;smash&quot; a raptor is smoking some serious crack. I was never smashed by any quad even with a stock Motor on the Rap. I know eveyone thinks the cans are so fast, but tell that to the guy with one at our local races that gets to see my bike twics a race. Once when he gets holeshotted and once when he gets lapped. Is he a crappy rider, maybe, but i guarantee you give me a piped raptor and I'll kick every stock Can out there in a drag, even MR. Dealers. You boys can bring your money to Ohio if you feel froggy enough. The only Reason the Can feels fast and has good bottom end is because or the 12.5 to 1 piston. Stick one of those in a raptor and bye bye cannondale. There is just no substitute for CC's As far as handling goes, my fully modded CT/TCS raptor handles almost indenticle to my laeger pro trax with PEP ZPS suspension, and yes, the lap times are better. Raptor puts out 59HP, Protrax put out 52HP (265 Sparks Pro Kit). So bring your Cans and your Pink Slips and put your money where your mouths are. Enough smack, line em up (pictures Forthcoming) >>

So you were the one that wrote the FX400 vs. Raptor shootout in the July Atv Action!!!!!!!!!!!! Sandgod, as a Raptor owner I think it is time you told the child the truth.

Old 12-27-2001, 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

The raptor is a great machine, but the cannibal offers more from the factory. The cannibal is only $500 more than the raptor and it has better shocks, equal (maybe more) power, is lighter, and handles better. Granted you can make a raptor very fast and you can make it handle better but that also costs much more $$$. I am definitely not flaming the raptor, I may end up buying one but I just think the cannibal gives you more right out of the box. If I lived near the dunes or more open areas then I would definitely get the raptor where I could mod it to 50+ hp and really use the power but where I live you can't use all that power.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs Cannibal