Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor vs Cannibal

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got great news for raptor guys. Heres a test between the raptor and cannibal.

stock to stock
even. Winner depended on who got the best start.

cannibal with hmf and raptor with Yosh slip on

Raptor won every time.

IT just shows how detuned the raptor is.

The cannibal is so highly tuned already it cant gain much more out of pipes and filters and so on. The only thing i like better about the cannibal is the light weight feel of the bike. I almost got one till i sat on it and it feels to small for me. I m not bashing the cannibal just letting you guys know what me and my buddies found out.

Old 12-21-2001, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

The Raptor is detuned. In Europe Yamaha sells a TT660 dirt street bike with the same engine, all except the TT660 puts out about 10 more horsepower stock. The only difference is the timing,compression and pipe I think and ofcourse the jets.

Old 12-21-2001, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

I assume you are talking just drag racing. Take them around a motocross track and it will be a different story. I got to ride a Cannibal a couple of weeks ago and was impressed with the handling as well as the power. Felt like riding a two stroke with a good bottom end.

Old 12-21-2001, 10:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

How many bike lengths was the raptor ahead of the cannibal?

If it was only a few I still think cannondale has a winner, a 440 that will hang with a 660, handling as good as hondas, and also fuel injected and a four stroke that has a power band like a 2 stroke.

Old 12-23-2001, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

It only takes a nose to be the winner!

Old 12-23-2001, 09:20 PM
Range Rover

<< How many bike lengths was the raptor ahead of the cannibal?

If it was only a few I still think cannondale has a winner, a 440 that will hang with a 660, handling as good as hondas, and also fuel injected and a four stroke that has a power band like a 2 stroke.
>>

Not to mention the outstanding costumer support and great warantee! The American made Cannondale's have my vote hands down!

Old 12-23-2001, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know man I don't own either quad but I've seen both in action and I've ridden a Cannibal and with two equally skilled riders I don't see how a raptor could beat a Cannibal in a drag. Funny thing about quad drags is I ride all over and don't see hardly any but I do hear everyone talking about all the people they beat and how their favorite quad never seems to lose. I noticed at the local mx tracks that raptors seem a lot stronger in the top end but not in the low end when they come out of a turn. I've also read in every ATV mag under then sun that the Cannondale's where getting wicked hole shots at every race they where in but since they didn't have the aftermaket parts to make them wider and lower they would get taken in the turns. If a Cannondale stock can get the hole shot on 250r's I know it can get it on a raptor. With the right rider of course.

Old 12-24-2001, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

I'm am so sick of this It's only a 440 and it runs with the 660. So what, I don't care if it's an 80. Run what you brung and hope you brung enough.

Old 12-24-2001, 02:10 AM
Pro Rider

I think you guys got the wrong idea on my post. I wasnt saying the raptor was better or saying the cannibal was junk. All i was stating is what me and my buddies had found. I did state that the cannibal was lighter and more nimble due to the weight. But i also said i picked the raptor cause the cannibal dont fit bigger guys very well or should i say didnt fit me. there both great bikes.

Old 12-24-2001, 03:01 AM
Pro Rider

I'm not trying to start an argument but what does the fact that it's only a 440 have to do with anything. It revs a lot higher and revs faster and is a lighter bike. A 250r is only a 250 but that hasn't stopped it from dominating everything in it's path.

Quick Reply: Raptor vs Cannibal