Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

02 grizz deals? I can't find any!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 06:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 02 700cc grizzly will be FOR SALE at the end of march.You can see it in its blue color in the MARCH 4-WHEEL ATV ACTION or at the DEALER SHOW in INDY mid february as "MUDZILLA".It is also in the MAXXIS add's in several magazine's and on my web page www/fourstroketech.com

Old 01-05-2002, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Micky, Now why do you wait to sell it after I have already bought my red one? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] What a awesome machine!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I still want a BLUE Grizz!! WAAAA!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2002, 05:53 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks guys. i did look at the canadian yamaha site, and found some dealrs that are closer to me. I e-mailed them about the 02 grizz prices but none of them responded. I don't exactly feel like driving all over in ca to find a good dealer. i wish they would either respond back to me or soembody would read this post and help me out and tell me where they got theirs. Some close places just over the border are Dunnville, Hamilton, fenwick, just to give ya general idea of where i'm located. I had worse luck on the penn side. I could not find any.

Old 01-07-2002, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Lsnake~

Sorry to hear bout your luck w/the dealers. The Canadian dealer I bought my wife's Kodiak from is Campbell River Motorsports. I know they'll ship anywhere, but not sure how expensive it gets to ship across the country. (They may have warehouses closer to you, though, so it may work out) Their number is 250-287-4322. Ask for Geoff.

SilverBear

Old 01-07-2002, 02:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Silverbear

What kind of service did you get from the dealer in Campbell River?
Why did you go all the way up there?
Would nobody closer match their price?
Just got my new Grizz and am anxious to ride it. How do you like yours?

Old 01-07-2002, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

Grizzkid~

<< What kind of service did you get from the dealer in Campbell River? >>

Excellent. 'Course I've not had to do anything after the sale, but considering I'm in the states and I bought out of the country and did everything by phone &amp; fax. Excellent. I would recommend them to anyone.

<< Why did you go all the way up there? >>

A couple of reasons. Main one being I was p*ssed off at my local dealer. I bought a new Grizz from them, paid full MSRP and then they fought with me over the front left CV on my Grizz, and wouldn't come down 1 cent on a '02 Kodiak for my wife. Mind you I went in to buy the new Kodiak and have the axle taken care of within a month and a half of purchasing my new Grizz. I mentioned that Canada would offer a better deal and my dealer really screwed up and said I wouldn't get any warrenty service from them or any US dealer if I bought a quad in Canada. I slamm dunked it with the fact I wasn't getting any warrenty service from them my US dealer whom I purchased the Grizz from anyways. So, I not only saved $1200.00 buy purchasing the quad in Canada, but my wife actually got the color she wanted, that special edition black Kodiak.

<< Would nobody closer match their price? >>

Well, I wasn't privy to the fact there was a yamaha dealer 30 miles north of me that is really nice, and a straight shooter. I would have bought both my quads from him had I known about him. He's actually the one doing the warrenty service on my Grizz. I just ordered a bunch of assesories from him and will be getting my sons raptor 80 from him in the spring. Can I get a better price out of Canada then w/him? Yes. But, the main point is he's close and is willing to take care of me, come down a bit off of MSRP and that earns my respect and business.

<< Just got my new Grizz and am anxious to ride it. How do you like yours? >>

You are going to simply love it! I couldn't be happier with my Grizz. If there was room in my bedroom, the Grizz would be in there at night. (Give you any idea how much I like that machine? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]) My only complaints on it are the stock crap tires they come with. I see you already took care of that in your sig line, so you should be good to go. It's simply an awesome machine. Have fun!

SilverBear

Old 01-07-2002, 03:20 AM
Trailblazer

SilverBear, what does your wife think of that idea [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]? Back in my single days I had various engine and other parts in the living room, kind of nice to do your wrenching in a warm place while watching TV. Can't get away with that any more.

Thanks again for the chance to ride yestarday, and I did have a ball. I agree with you, the dealer up in Sandpoint looks to be a straight shooter. I spend an hour and a half with him after I left your place, and could have spend more, but some other guys came it. Figured I better let him make a living in the short term. I'll be back up there, maybe next Saturday to see what he can tell me of his future shipments, and on the '03 Griz's. Really would like the Camo, otherwise will probably go with red.

Bri

Old 01-07-2002, 11:43 AM
Pro Rider

Brian~

&lt;BG&gt; You guessed what my wife would think about that. I'd be in the dog house. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You're more than welcome for the ride, it's really the only way to go, if you can, before a purchase like a quad. I, too, was really impressed with the Dealer in Sandpoint. He's just down to earth, and seems to be a straight shooter. I haven't heard anything about the '03 Grizz's, but I do like Camo...and to be honest, the Red is pretty too, just reminds everyone of Honda. You know....you can get Blue Plastic for your Grizz...it would add a little to your cost, but you'd have a second set of plastic, like we were talking about, and one would be Blue. My wife is trying to talk me into that right now as well. (Can you tell she wants a back set of unscratched plastic for that black bear?) While I still pick camo as my second favorite, I could handle the blue....it's be different, and kinda match my truck. The other advantage (no pun intended) I've heard about the Camo is that it does hide scratches really well.

Let me know what you find out about the '03 Models.

SilverBear

Old 01-07-2002, 05:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hey silver grizz, how do you like the silver. Is it true that the silver paint scratches off easily? Where did you get you hot grips and thumb warmer from? how much di d they cost? I know when i take my quadrunner out in the could my thumb gets really cold really quick. It doesn't matter how many pairs of gloves i have on. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-07-2002, 09:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

Silverbear

Have you had any trouble with the silver painted plastic? I read somewhere on this forum that the paint comes off quite easy. I hope I didn't make a mistake when I went with the silver. Is it the front axel that comes loose after time? Being new to this, I just want to keep an eye on things before they turn into trouble. Any help would be great! Thanks.

Quick Reply: 02 grizz deals? I can't find any!!