Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

02 grizz deals? I can't find any!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 03:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to buy a new 02 grizz. i live about an hour from buffalo NY and an hour form the Penn/ NY border. Around me they are charging full msp, and i know some of you are getting some nice deals. I want to know what you paid for your 02 grizz. I was thinking somewhere just over the Penn border, or in canada possibly. I am willing to take a little drive if it will save me some $$$$.

Old 01-01-2002, 07:37 PM
Trailblazer

wow thanks a lot guys. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2002, 09:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Sorry I can't help on the price, but you need to consider that if that new Griz comes up with major mechanical troubles, Yamaha will not stand behind it. They will tell you that it's your fault....even if it's under warranty. Do some searches to see how Yamaha treats 01 Raptor owners.

Old 01-02-2002, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider

LLsnake68~

I also paid full MSRP on my Grizz. You can pick them up for about a $1,000.00 less in Canada, BUT Yamaha will not make US Dealers honor warrenty work, should you require it. You would most likely have to drive it back to Canada to have warrenty work done. With that said, I had such wonderful dealer experiences I did buy my last quad in Canada. Screw the dealers who won't take care of you. I am happy to say that I have found an apparently good dealer fairly close by, and will be giving him some business, heck I didn't buy any quads from him, and he is treating me better than the dealer I bought my Grizz from. He is also willing to take care of the axle for me. So...I would say, call around...get a ton of dealer names from as far away as you're willing to drive, and then call and get quotes.

Hope this helps you out some.

SilverBear

Old 01-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Lsnake68~

Looking at your sig line; how do you like your bear tracker?

SilverBear

Old 01-02-2002, 05:36 PM
Trailblazer

I love it. Ne ver had any problems with it. It was my first machine, so i didn't know how to take care of it. even so it still holds strong, even after a stump jumped out in front of me my second day with it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] lol. how do yuo find dealer in canada. On the yamaha site it just says the ones in the US. And does not even do a goos job with that. I know a couple arouing me that it does not even list.

Old 01-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

LSnake68~

The easiest way probally is to go to Yamaha-Canada's site and do a dealer search. You can find them at: http://www.yamaha-motor.ca The dealer I bought the '02 Black SE Kodiak was Campbell River motorsports at http://www.crmotorsport.bc.ca but you'd likely want a dealer that's closer.

SilverBear

Old 01-04-2002, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

I paid $6869 for my red one, which included the warn winch installed. I had to drive an hour for mine. My buddy bought a green for $6899 from the local in town dealer and had to pay the $69 for the winch and $190 for installation. When we purchased our's, they just came out, so a lot of the dealers didn't have any in stock at the time. Much nicer than the last Grizz.

Good luck and ENJOY!!

NHGRIZZLY
2002 Red Grizzly
2001 Kawi Prairie 300
1999 Polaris XLT Sled

Old 01-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got my Grizz for $6,800 plus tax and fees and my Prairie for $6,300 plus tax and fees. If I had to chose between one or the other it would be extremely tough based on the machines alone. But if I had it do over again, the wife and I would have bought two Prairies and saved $1,000. They are both great machines and I love Yamaha, but I find myself falling more in love with this Prairie every day. For the available deals on it it can't be beat!! I should mention that I didn't get the winch deal on my Grizz[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] or that might have helped justify the extra money.

Old 01-04-2002, 11:42 PM
Trailblazer

thanks guys.
Hey grizzPrarie, you do like the prarie more. because it has more sport to it or because you would have saved $1000? I heard that it rides real rough, wich wouldn'r be good for me. Is that true?

Quick Reply: 02 grizz deals? I can't find any!!