Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR OIL CHANGE

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2002, 11:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is just a thought!!! my tractors drain plug gave me this idea. it too is in a bad place so the fatory put a high pressure hose about a foot long on it with a fitting on the end. so my idea is to get a hydrolic hose line made up with the same thread pattern as the stock plug make it about a foot with another end fitting with a plug. this should work and with my prm skid plate it will be protected just use a wire tie to keep it up.

what do you think?????

01BLU660R

Old 01-08-2002, 03:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider

that is not a bad idea. just finished changing my oil tonight. It is enough to make you cuss. I hate to do a messy job so off with the skid plate. It takes way to long to change the oil in the raptor. Now add a pro-design air set up and double the fun. It take me a good hour to service my machine. Should have been designed to be a 15 min job.

Old 01-08-2002, 10:14 AM
Trailblazer

I can spend a good evening changing the oil, lubing the filter, greasing the fittings, oiling the chain.....

Old 01-08-2002, 10:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider

A rachet with an extension will fit right into the tight spot to get the oil drain bolt out. I normally take my drain plug out and let the oil drain onto the skid, then off into a drain bucket. Much easier than taking the skid off, locktiting the bolts and mounting the skid again. True....the end result is'nt squeaky clean, but the engine gets fresh oil and you can go ride instead of polishing. It's gonna be caked with mud when it arrives back home anyway.

Old 01-08-2002, 02:10 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Its also a drag getting the oil back in the Raptor. I take a small funnel and pour in slowly.
Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2002, 02:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Chet, are you gonna sign your posts with your name followed by this symbol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] 'till you can ride again. I sure would. Later man.

Old 01-08-2002, 02:45 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I hate to say it but during the winter I really don't miss it (riding). I enjoy staying inside during the winter and keeping warm. We are lucky that we have a nice house and with great views out the windows. I could get out but at 45 years of age there is things to do inside during the winter. Right now out the windows the snow is laying over the property and it looks so pretty I would hate to take a quad out there and mess up the view. We do take walks in the fields and through the woods around here and see things in a different (winter) perspective. Come spring its almost the complete opposite when we are outside almost all the time and the quads rack up the hours. We do go inside to sleep and check to see if the computers are still running though.
Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2002, 03:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<< Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:00 PM I'll dig my receipts out tonight. Bought my Raptor in Feb. Adjusted my chain twice that month with stock also noticed broken o-rings on a couple of the links. Made my change with the sidewinder goodies back in March and have only need to adjust my chain once since. i'm not kidn about that P-51 chain and sprocket lube. that stuff is witches brew in a can! F'n majic i tell ya. oh yeah! and the ladies luv it too. At night,i like to spray my donkey with it and chase the wife around the house until i catch her. then i...censored...censored...censored. >>

We know why you enjoy staying inside Chet. hehe

Old 01-08-2002, 04:50 PM
RIP Dear Friend

garyc660R,
All I can say to that is my Donkey too does require regular care and feeding.
Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2002, 05:38 PM
Range Rover

The hydraulic hose idea is excellent. Think I'll do three: one for the crankcase drain, one for the reservior drain, and one for the reservoir filler hole.

thx.

Quick Reply: RAPTOR OIL CHANGE