Old 01-14-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

up too 10374 have sent a letter.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider

Mr45auto~

<< Dodge diesels dont produce the power of the Ford powerstroke or the new Chev Duramax anyhow. >>

I got tired of replacing automatic transmissions in my powerstrokes. The Dodges have been trouble free, and have plenty of power for my purposes.

I do agree with you, though. Any manufacture that takes and anti hunting position will loose my business. It's their right to take that position and it's my right to take my business else where. I do the same with anti ATV issues as well as anti gun issues.

Vmaax12~

I didn't and I did. And if you consider what is posted on this forum as &quot;good&quot; advertisement for Jeep, I think you're mistaken.

My best,

SilverBear

Old 01-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Pro Rider

Vmax12~

<< ITS JUST A STUPID AD. AND THANKS TO THIS FORUM YOUR HELPING GIVE JEEP FREE ADVERTISEMENT.
>>

If this was the kind of &quot;free&quot; advertisement Jeep was looking for, why did they just pull the ad?

&quot;I was just notified by Robert Wallace, the petition's originator, that Jeep has pulled the ad. Thanks for your support. Jay&quot;

SilverBear

Old 01-15-2002, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

&lt;&lt; Dodge diesels dont produce the power of the Ford powerstroke or the new Chev Duramax anyhow. &gt;&gt;

I got tired of replacing automatic transmissions in my powerstrokes. The Dodges have been trouble free, and have plenty of power for my purposes.

Not to be off topic or argumentive, but:

I really like the Cummins diesel engine, but you've got to be kidding - Dodge has the ABSOLUTE worst automatic transmission history a person can imagine (not that Fords are typically much better). In fact, they had so much trouble that instead of correcting the problems and building a heavier tranny, they reduced torque on the auto tranny models. If you haven't had trouble yet, you will - likely sooner than later. I believe the numbers I've seen put average Dodge auto tranny life at 45K to 60K miles. (undoubtedly there are people out there with more miles, so please don't post a &quot;Well, I've got XXX,XXX miles on mine without trouble&quot; message)

The only Diesel pickup on the road with a real automatic transmission is a GM Duramax with the Allison trans.

----------
On topic content - yes, the commercial does exist - I've seen it...

What would be funny is if they showed the yuppie urbanite saving the deer from the hunters - then the next evening, on his way home from the internet cafe, he's sipping on his latte, when out of nowhere the deer runs out in front of him, totalling the jeep &amp; putting him in the hospital where he has a long time to think about the effects of hunting based deer population control.....

Old 01-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

A friend of mine who worked at a Dodge dealer said he learned about the Dodge tranny probs first hand and your right when you say they fail around 60 k miles. Though the 00 and newer ones were supposed to be corrected. As far as Ford, I know several die hard GM guys who buy Ford diesels and swear by them.

Concerning the topic, I don't like the ad but I think Jeep just made a not well thought out commercial which &quot;appeared&quot; to be anti-hunting though not intentional.

Old 01-15-2002, 03:39 PM
Pro Rider

You may be right about the '00+ models - I wasn't aware that they corrected the problems, if they have.

Old 01-16-2002, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

1986atc250r~

<< Not to be off topic or argumentive, but:

I really like the Cummins diesel engine, but you've got to be kidding - Dodge has the ABSOLUTE worst automatic transmission history a person can imagine (not that Fords are typically much better)....
>>

Hey, not to worry. Different &quot;strokes&quot; for different folks. Bottom line is I personally love a diesel, and to be honest I've gone with 5 speeds in the Dodges. They have been trouble free. But another issue on the powerstrokes, or perhaps it was just Fords in general, was the automatic hubs kept failing as well. My Dodge's haven't had one go out either. I personally like Ford &amp; Dodge trucks, never been a chevy man...but to each his own. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I have had such good luck w/my cummins that I've sunk to the theory of &quot;why stroke it when you can ram it&quot; [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

As for the topic at hand, I really like your idea for a new jeep commercial. It would likely allow them to save some face. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]