Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Jeep anti-hunting ad

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to the link and decide for yourself. Over 6,000 have signed in the past two days. Text

Thanks, Jay

Old 01-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

I added my two cents as well! First Ford gives to the audobon society now chrysler smacks us with this crap. Is chevy gonna showcase sarah brady? Lets hope the atv mfrs dont start up like this.

Old 01-12-2002, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

I will definitely sign the petition if I see the ad on television. I can't be sure this isn't a hoax. Anyone actually seen the ad?

/NotuRaptor

Old 01-13-2002, 09:47 AM
Range Rover

I have seen the ad and have signed the petition (#3024). I'll bet Jeep takes it off the air if this petition keeps growing the way it has in the last couple days.

Old 01-13-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

Signed #8142

SilverBear

Old 01-14-2002, 03:51 AM
Pro Rider

so, did you also become paranoid that two squirrels were plotting to run you off the road like in the gieco insurance commercial. these commercials are made to draw attention. if they create a stir among people, they've done their job. if you notice everything is taking on a kinder, gentler approach. also these are not the jeeps of old. not very many people take their "jeeps" off-road. you see more moms and college kids buying these products. hunters usually use an older vehicle or a ram, z-71 or ford to actually go hunting. this is not just an opinion. i make numerous parts for chrysler and see the numbers everyday. in other words the commercial was for dear mom and the kids......."how sweet. i like fuzzy animals. mom, can we buy a jeep?" it's all about targeting. don't become one. they know who buys these products. land rover recently stirred up a $4!+ storm with a mag. ad. it pictured an african woman with her drooping breasts being blown to one side by a passing suv. hilarious, unless you consider it a mockery of your african heritage. in the end the ad was pulled. find a way to get a cival rights group behind you and the ad will be a mammary...i mean memory.

Old 01-14-2002, 10:58 AM
Pro Rider

Ritchieroadrash~

That's your interpretation. I own my own company. I purchase Dodge ram diesels, I'm expanding a new position for our own courier, who was going to drive a 4X4 Dodge diesel. Not any more. You can interpret that comercial however you wish. As a business owner, consumer, hunter, outdoorsman, I'll interpret that ad the way it is obvious to me. I'll also take the appropriate actions.

To each his own.

SilverBear

Old 01-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

Dodge diesels dont produce the power of the Ford powerstroke or the new Chev Duramax anyhow. I beleive Ford also blindsided hunters awhile ago with a donation to the Audobon society. I think Chevy still supports hunters and sportsmen. I personally still drive my F350 and love it but in a few years when I finally do replace it if I see a bunch of anti hunting or anti off road, liberal tree hugging crap I'll move on to a more sportsman friendly manufacturer.

Old 01-14-2002, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

ALL I SEE IN THAT AD IS THAT THE JEEP IS CAPABLE OF GOING WHERE THE DEER GO!
don't read between the lines and make up your own conclusion

ITS JUST A STUPID AD. AND THANKS TO THIS FORUM YOUR HELPING GIVE JEEP FREE ADVERTISEMENT.

01BLU660

Old 01-14-2002, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I signing the petition a few days ago, but consider this, maybe it's a good thing if a bunch of yuppie smucks gather up some urban cattle and release them where they can wander off of no hunting grounds. ( BTW: last I checked around here the majority of no hunting signs are put out by none other than hunters. )

Quick Reply: Jeep anti-hunting ad