Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

K&K ATV

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 10:57 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey griz the problem now should be with your credit card co.if you've requested a refund they should send you some kind of statment form and when you send it back they should debit there act.and refund your card.until they prove the charges are valid ive been thru this and it wasn't easy.but if you insist they will do this.you better move fast or you will run out of time i belive 6 months is it.good luck

remember everyone makes mistakes it how they handle them that establishes
who they are.and it sound like a lot of people have faith in these people
lets hope its not misplaced

Old 01-25-2002, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

AZSAND,
Thats part of the probably, the credit card company led me to believe they were working on this, after giving me the run around for three months, looks like they were pulling my chain. I realize that K&K is a big conpany, and things get lost, and it sounds if the owner's are having their own problems, which would distract them from the bisiness. So far it it looks like a friend of Shawn's, the owner, is looking into this for me. Will keep you all posted.

Old 01-25-2002, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

Good for you, B250R, but I sure as hell won't ever do business with them again.

Old 01-25-2002, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

alaska
we heard the first time thank you.
i have confidence we will have a solution soon. i hate doing dirty laundry like this on the board but i hope theres a solution. it does sound like your credit card is to blame too. heres how bad K&K is ..i went to southwicks MA first race last year for ATV's and it fell on easter sunday. they hunted my kids out of the stands to throw an easter egg contest for all the kids there. to me there classy people and no one can bad mouth them enough to make me think different.
also i just called the other day for an oil block off for my sons blaster and shawn said he didnt have any in stock why dont i give NACS a call. what person would give business to another company when they could of just said i can have it in 2 days...one answer a nice person

Old 01-25-2002, 03:51 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not saying that the people who run K&K are bad people, or what happened to me was even on purpose. Maybe they shipped me the wrong engine. Either way- a product of certain quality was promised and that is what was paid for, but it was not delivered. I'm glad that everyone else has had good dealings with these people. It just takes instances like GrizRodder and mine to prove that nobody is perfect.

evhwg, I fail to see how an easter egg contest correlates with the retail business. Yes, they might be nice people, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they always run a fair and honest business. I think that you are also confusing my story with an opinion. I'm not "bad mouthing" anyone. I'm just pissed that I was taken. It isn't anything personal toward the people that run K&K-- just the business that I dealt with.

Old 01-25-2002, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

AlaskaYFM, could you fill me in on just exactly what actions you took to solve your problem? Obviously you didn't call them back, or you wouldn't have just said ". Maybe they shipped me the wrong engine. " I"m sure that they would've sent you the right engine, and Shawn probably wouldn't paid shipping both ways.

Old 01-25-2002, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

As I said before, most everyone has had good luck with K&K, and they seem to be well liked by many people. There is a reason I could not get a response from them, once I find out I'll be glad to post it here. The reason I'am on here is that I was about out of options and hoped someone knew them personally that could help out with this. Sometimes big is not better, stuff slips thru the cracks. As of right now I have not heard from anyone yet to tell me this charge has been taken off my credit card. I appreciate all the responses so far.

Old 01-25-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

GrizRodder, they're really not that BIG of a company, they are just popular. I personally feel they're just the right size, like Rocky Mountain's saying "Big enough to serve, small enough to care"

Old 01-25-2002, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

well alaska
if i got an engine like you did why didnt you send it back and get a full refund?
and a easter egg hunt that they paid for shows there business isnt hurting for money and they have to rip people off to make ends meet.
hell they sponser alot of people and that cost them money too.

Old 01-25-2002, 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey Grizz,
Just want to thank you for paying for the easter egg hunt. I guess now you know where your money went.