Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

any thoughts on yoshimura full titanium for raptor

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a big gun pipe on my raptor, and i kinda like it.now i have a chance to purchase a yosh full titanium for a great price. so im wondering will a yoshimura titanium pipe make more power, how is the quality and will the finish on the silencer turn gold like some say. i understand the pipe turns blue.any help will be great .

Old 01-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider

Sell your Big Gun and buy the Yosh!! Did you see the pipe shootout in Dirt Wheels? That should tell you the Yoshi system makes better power. Don't know if it's true, but it is said a system made out of titanium makes a bit better power because it controls heat loss better. I have the full titanium pipe on my Raptor, and absolutely love it. You cannot beat the craftsmanship of their systems, and it really does turn a pretty gold, purple, and blue color from the heat. The power rocks!!!

Old 01-30-2002, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Scott,

Where did u buy your raptor and how much ??? Thanks

Old 01-31-2002, 01:55 AM
Weekend Warrior

does the whole pipe turn a different color ? and do you think $650 is a great deal or can i find it cheaper.i called the # in the yosh add in dirtwheels,and they told me $814 for the full ti. there nuts. also is the full titanium a lot better then the one in the test. thanks for everyones help i enjoy reading the comments

Old 01-31-2002, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

the head pipe will change if you don't have it properly jetted when you crank it. the titanium really plays a role in saving weight. i've had mine for around 8 months. and the reason i chose this pipe was simply because the 660 is a motorcycle engine. it came from yamaha's mz scorpion repli-racer and a few other applications. so why not go with the people who know motorcycles best? i would be all over this. i'm pretty sure you'll notice a diference. always spend a little extra time with your jetting.

Old 01-31-2002, 01:13 PM
Pro Rider

one of the best purchases i ever made... the pipe is built so nice..i have the race pipe with stainless steel header..titanium canister....the craftmanship is superior to any other pipe i have seen..including white Bros r and E series..which i had both before the YOSHI....the power is awesome too!!. I reallyt don't see spending and additonal 250 bucks to get the full titanium ...unless you have to have it or you are real weight consious..the stainless steel header is fine..and guess what ? it changes colors also and you can rub em out with some mothers polish...i don't think you can do that to titanium..but i coul d be wrong

Old 01-31-2002, 01:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

joey-d what is the price of the stainless with titanium,because im getting the full titanium for $650. do you thing thats a good deal. thanks for any help or info you can give.

Old 01-31-2002, 01:53 PM
Pro Rider

the yoshi is a good pipe, but dont think just changing pipes is going to make a big difference in your performance, your big gun did not rate high on the shoot-out but look at the other mods involved (airbox and such), save your money get a prodesign with k&n filter a dynojet kit open your airbox, this will give you way more than the difference between pipes, or better still get a high comp piston and cam. either way you will get more out of it than just switching pipes

Old 01-31-2002, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

actually i am not sure but i paid for for pipe was 475 from a friend...but i think it reatiled for 575 complete..thats a great price dude..GRAB IT!!!

Old 01-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

how loud are te yoshi's compared to other pipes?

Quick Reply: any thoughts on yoshimura full titanium for raptor