Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Want A Haynes or Clymer manual for your Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2002, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] While the Yamaha factory service manual is an invaluable tool for working on our Raptors they are very sparce on specific info the shadetree mechanic. This is because Yamaha wants us to take our Raptors to the dealers for service so they give the needed info but are deliberatly vauge on the specifics.I have Haynes or Clymer manuals for all my vechials because of thier illistrated step by step instructions. Because these companies will not publish a manual until there is a large enough need so they can make a profit I had to wait till 2001 to get a manual for my 1997 Dodge Dakota. There is nothing wrong with this as if they don't make a profit they won't be making any more manuals.There are a lot more Dodge Dakotas out there than Raptors so if we don't do something we may have to wait till 5 to 7 years for a Raptor manual. We need to let these companies know there is a large enough market out here to make it profitable for them. while mabey 10% of Dodge Dakota owners do any work on thier own trucks Probably 90% or more of Raptor owners work on thier own quads so they should publish a manual sooner instead of later.Lets all call write or Email these companies & let them know there is a large market out here for thier proudcts. Below is how to contact these companies on the web.Clymer Manuals: Primediabusiness.com on the right side go to proudct catagories & click Directories & books, then click Clymer & go to contact us.Haynes manuals: Haynes.com click the haynes publications for the country you are in, click Ask Haynes.Also go to on line book sellers like amazon.com etc. & request a manual they use this info to tell publisers what they want to stock. So lets tell these companies there is a market for these manuals large enough for them to make a profit & help ourselves at the same time.EMAIL THEM EARLY & OFTEN.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]Please feel free to add your comments & any contact info you may have.