Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR WINS LATEST HI PERFORMANCE SHOOTOUT, AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 04:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are all great quads and i would be happy to own anyone of them.

Old 02-06-2002, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

Yep, I agree.

Old 02-06-2002, 06:00 PM
Trailblazer

I agree, The choices we sport oriented riders have are great, The combetition between models means that all manufacturer's are raising there standards..
It's a win-win situation for us all, no matter what machine we ride.
power, handling, riding feel, racing, woods, dunes. Each manufacturer does all these well, But, They seem to speicalize in one field or another.
400ex - trails, racing.
ds650 - dunes, large riders.
raptor- Trails, Dunes.
Cannondale - racing.
banshee - started as a duner, Still is a duner.

my 2 cents

Old 02-06-2002, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I assume these are all stock quads and it would be a VERY close call to say that the Dale jumps better than the 400ex, and I would have to say that in my opinion, the banshee is a better jumper than the DS. I don't weigh much so that could be why. I don't know, all of those results seem kind of fishy to me. I can say that the Dale doesn't lack any power down low. I can ride along and just keep my front end bouncing up and down by just barely tapping the throttle. I don't seem to have any problems with bottom end power.

Old 02-06-2002, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

I'll take one of each! Then I would always have the best quad, right?

Old 02-07-2002, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

<< The reason the raptor won the woods decision this time is the last test was on the 01 raptor. I would agree with them completely that the 400ex is better than the 01 raptor due to the high geared 1st and 2nd on the 01 raptor. The 02 tested in this test has the upgraded gear ratio wich is perfect for any type of situation. That is why the raptor got it this time. I dug up the issue with on the dirtwheels test and if anyone else has that issue you'll see what i am talking about.

Corndog,

I didnt say the cannondale was slow, I said its power is up top so you have to keep it revin all the time so it makes low speed woods difficult with a power band similar to a 2 stroke. It does have low end compared to a 2 stroke but compared to a Raptor or 400ex they lowend is week. Plus they dont like to be run at low rpm or the stall alot. If i was a racer only the cannondale would be my choice due to its race feeling power band. I didnt say the cannondale was bad just that it wasnt my choice for my riding style. If you like cannondales buy one. ATV Action didnt say the cannondale was bad. It was there favorite for racing and the 400ex was next. Maybe you like some thing different than they do? Remember the test is just there opinion just like what everyone else has about what they ride or like in a quad. No body likes the same thing.
>>

the low end is NOT weak on the cannibal, it is MUCH stronger. the throttle plate was changed for '02. lets put it this way, it gets a jump off the line over a raptor and only gets uglier for the raptor as the cdale goes... i also ride all woods...

Old 02-07-2002, 06:48 PM
Pro Rider

<< I assume these are all stock quads and it would be a VERY close call to say that the Dale jumps better than the 400ex, and I would have to say that in my opinion, the banshee is a better jumper than the DS. I don't weigh much so that could be why. I don't know, all of those results seem kind of fishy to me. I can say that the Dale doesn't lack any power down low. I can ride along and just keep my front end bouncing up and down by just barely tapping the throttle. I don't seem to have any problems with bottom end power. >>

from a dead start mine will easily pull up in 3rd, the cdale has the most powerful low end in production without a doubt.

Old 02-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

Didn't the DS take first place in five catagories, the Raptor took first place in one and it gets the overall. The DS does what Bombardier claims, best duner and suspension.

Old 02-08-2002, 09:04 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<< from a dead start mine will easily pull up in 3rd, the cdale has the most powerful low end in production without a doubt. >>

Corndog, Please answer a question for me.....when you pull these amazing holeshots on Raptors (or everything else as well), are you only slightly on the throttle at low RPMS, or are you wide open at high RPMS?

Old 02-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider

Doesnt know what low end power means. Win 5 of 11 and stil get 4th place?

Quick Reply: RAPTOR WINS LATEST HI PERFORMANCE SHOOTOUT, AGAIN.