Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

RAPTOR WINS LATEST HI PERFORMANCE SHOOTOUT, AGAIN.

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with vegas, if you go buy what the mags say is best, you will be disapointed.

Vegas, I may be able to make it to dumont afterall, I will know tommorow sometime. IF I can come, I will email you or send a pm to find out about where you camp. I would love to check out the pig.

Bat

Old 02-14-2002, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer

I have read corndogs posts over the last 6 months or so and my guess is he has a Quadsport 230 or no quad at all and has never so much as seen a Cannondale much less ridden one. I had one, it was fast, faster than my Raptor (when it was stock), but not that much faster and it stalled ALOT sometimes my fault sometimes not but more than anything I've ever ridden. It handled great looked great and was overall a pretty nice ride, but the throttle was too touchy (for low speed trail riding although they say this has improved) and the stalling drove me nuts. I am very happy with my Raptor. The better choice for me. The key word being ME. I had faster rides a Canibal and a Quadzilla which my brother has now and it still smokes my Raptor and my other brothers Ds 650 also. But is my Raptor better, it is for me and my riding location.

So read the magazines and take pieces of information and form your own conclusions for your size, riding style and riding locations

Me

Old 02-14-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider

If you buy what the mags says is best, you will be disappointed?

What exactly are you saying. Raptor owners are disapointed. or you should'nt listen to the mags.

i happen to agree with the outcome...for the most part. the bomb and Cannondale seem more specialized for their purposes. where as the Raptor is more like a 400ex. a jack of all trades, in the quad world.

they are all great quads

it'll be interesting when they start racing the cannondale to see if they modd it up. afterall this is a quad that is pre-modded and supposed to be race ready? we'll see.