Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SPARKS 690 RAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lyle, why don't you go to Glamis instead of Dumont on Pres. Day.? Let me have the 4 stroke braggin rights for the weekend!

Old 02-12-2002, 01:40 PM
Trailblazer

The air box is about 10 weeks out.The FCR carbs. will make the the throttle pull quit a bit harder but curtis has a solve for that and does the fix to all the carbs. he sales.As far as the trans. I do not believe he has installed any of the 02 trans.I think that it would be a very good up grade.I know if you were more of a drag racer then I would most definitely install the 02 trans.The gear split in the 01 trans is horrible.Lyle

Old 02-12-2002, 01:51 PM
Range Rover

TEAMSPARKS (Lyle),
thank you for responding. Nice to see industry knowledgible people on this web site. One last question. If i choose to do the Pro-Flow flange, foam filter with outwears cover and no air box lid, will i be relatively close to the air flow performance that the Supercharger air box has. My first race in New England will be before the Supercharger air box is ready for sale, so i have to do the Proflow setup. Tho i wish i could get my hands on one of the prototype air boxes...It's killing me that I dont have the time to wait for the Supercharger air box....
herbdon out......

Old 02-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Trailblazer

Thats a hard question to answer as you can imagin I pretty one sided.I guess I will say that it will work fine.I have seen air box mods make really good power.A stock air filter system was designed to work with a stock motor (carbs.cam.PIPE.)any time you increase the flow leaving the eng. you need to increase the amount in!Rember its just a air pump the more you pump the more power you can make.(that always sounds so easy)Lyle

Old 02-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hi Lyle, I asked the question before but never got an answer. I am building a 686, Cam, Port, Pro-Flow, Sparks Exhaust, Stock Carbs w/Dynojet. Can you tell me a good place to start with the jetting both Mains and Pilots? Scott at sparks thought 155/160 with 27.5 Mikuni Pilots. I am just trying to get some additional advise, but it seems that no one on this board wants to give out this information? I am really curious about the Pilots, I have had people say run the 27.5's and some people say stay with the stock 22.5's and just increase the mix screw. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am in the process of putting everything back together and it should be ready to run tomorrow. Thanks!

BTW: Excellent service by Sparks on the pipe! I ordered the pipe on Wednesday afternoon last week and had the pipe sitting on my door step when I came home for lunch on Friday. If only the machine shop would have come through I would have had it running last weekend.

Old 02-12-2002, 04:47 PM
Trailblazer

I need a little more info. altitude and will you be running the air box lid off?

Old 02-12-2002, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Sea Level, Pro-Flow/K&N no lid.

Old 02-12-2002, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

Depending on your type of riding meaning long peroids of wide open ,hard loaded runs I would try 155 main and 27.5 pilots.If you do ride like above noted I would suggest 160 main which would cool the eng. a little.Lyle

Old 02-12-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks TeamSparks, I am thinking of doing it for the added gear ratios, Thought maybe it was done on that Rocket because I heard no lag on the videos of it like most Raptors have between 1st and 2nd.

Old 02-12-2002, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

Can u use the fcr carbs on a raptor with just a curtis sparks pipe, pro flow with foam filter and no box lid.
Thanks Rudy

Quick Reply: SPARKS 690 RAPTOR