Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

SPARKS 690 RAPTOR

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 04:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a few pictures of the raptor that won the fourstroke shoot out that have been posted on www.sparksracing.com There on the RAPTOR page click on 690,scroll down.Just in case anyone was intrested.

Old 02-07-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

just ordered my X6 from Sparks yesterday!! CAN'T WAIT!!! Do you have a raptor? What pipe do you have & how do you like it?

Old 02-07-2002, 07:49 PM
Trailblazer

No but I was the one that rode the raptor at glamis.I also rode my wifes 416 there.I myself ride a 400+cc drag chassis methonal honda.
You made a wise choice with your pipe I would buy carbs next.You would be very happy with the way a raptor with a pipe and carbs. run you will need the air box ,fiters with the carbs. Lyle

Old 02-07-2002, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Went with Pro Flow for now but am looking hard at a Sparks supercharger air box. Haven't really thought about changing the carbs . Is it that much of a diffrence on a Raptor with just bolt on mods? I'm not going to go in to the motor until I have to ring it or do a valve job then I'll probably get the 690 kit.Do you work at Sparks?Have you ever brought your drag quad to Atoka? ASDA Heartland Nationals are Memorial day weekend.

Old 02-08-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

teamsparks

well I didnt get your 690 kit but i did get a trinity 686 kit (would have got yours after I saw the race) Does the carb mod add quit a bit to the raptor? these carbs seem to me to be more for top rpm, rather then all a round riding or good on a xc quad ? just picking your brain....do you have any dyno charts with just the carb swap??? thanks for your help

Old 02-08-2002, 02:33 PM
Range Rover

lyle,

I am on the schedule (3rd week in march) to have the 690 kit installed on my raptor. Scott told me that the supercharger air box was not availible. Is this true. I really want to have the complete package. Please let me know if the supercharger air box is availible or not. In addition, will the carbs come assembled together and jetted properly. My name is Donald Scala if you want to verify what I am saying regarding being on the schedule.

Old 02-08-2002, 05:39 PM
Trailblazer

The FCR carb is outstanding for every riding application.They would be great for x.c. riding they roll-on very smooth.The carbs. do come ***. and jetted.As for the air box it will be in production very soon.I would rather stay away from dyno numbers on the forum.I do not work at sparksracing I have known curtis for over 20 years and do alot of testing for him.I spend many nights a week on the dyno.I have been racing atv's since the atc 90 days which by the way was a 138 on methonal.I hope that helped.We will be at dumont dunes on pres. weekend with a couple of 690's the 505ex and some 2 stroke stuff.Lyle

Old 02-09-2002, 01:30 AM
Trailblazer

How much does the two carbs increase the thumb throttle resistance? One of the things I like about the stock carb is the light pull needed to open it up. Is it as bad as on the banshee twin setup? I am very interested in purchasing a set, but I already have a problem with arm pump and thumb fatigue, and no, I would never consider going to a twist throttle, I think they stink. Thanks for letting me know
Josh

Old 02-09-2002, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

TEAMSPARKS,

Do you know if the transmission has been replaced with the new 02 setup or the fortin gears? I heard Curtis Sparks has replaced a few trannys?? If the 02 setup was installed do you think it helps the performance? Thanks for any info !!

Old 02-11-2002, 04:51 PM
Range Rover

TEAMSPARKS (Lyle),
Can you confirm a possible production date for the Supercharger air box. I want to get this box, but last I heard from Scott at Sparks Racing, the air box would not be ready for my 690 kit. I am the schedule for mid march. If you can be so kind, please give a call over to Curtis and let him know that many of us want this air box. I would hate to spend the money of a ProFlow Kit, only to have to scrap it 6 months later when the SuperCharge air box is finally ready. Please if you can help me, let me know. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
Herbdon, (donald)

Quick Reply: SPARKS 690 RAPTOR