Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Do NOT rided your atv on watershed property!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A couple of days ago i was riding with two of my realitives on watershed property and got caught.they took away our bikes and we have to go to court and we might get them back.i just wanna let u guys in maryland know, dont ride in baltimore county on watershed property!

Old 02-18-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

dude!!!!!!!!!!that sucks big![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] be nice to the judge and he'll set bail on your bikes for cheap. bummer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 02-18-2002, 09:23 PM
Trailblazer

we talked to a lawyer today and he said that if we gave him 500 dollars he could get our bikes back in a week

Old 02-19-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

but becareful, he might be asking 500 for himself, and then there will be an impounding fee (maybe 200 bucks a quad) and also a court fee......ect........ect......ect. It could add up to 1500 or 2 grand. Just becareful. How did they catch you, did you just stop and talk with them or run. I guess if you stopped to talk with them, you learned an important lesson. I know ill catch crap for this but i havnt stopped before, and i wont in the future either. Sorry about your luck

Derek

Old 02-19-2002, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider

I made the mistake before of riding on core property one time and I stopped to talk to the guy because I didnt know was a problem. Was he a nice guy? No he wrote us a ticket and we didnt know it was off limits. We should of ran then too.

Old 02-19-2002, 02:14 AM
Range Rover

Hey if it aint no cop, and you think he might be a jerk, get outta there! I dont stop for nobody up this way, cuz you never know who its going to be. Gas it because paying a fine is a whole lot better than getting knocked off your bike and shot or having a ball bat to the helmet!

Old 02-19-2002, 05:29 AM
Pro Rider

was the area you on posted? is is well none that you aren't supposed to be there? If not, I think they stole your bikes, and you should be able to sue them!

Old 02-19-2002, 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

see the way that we got caught was because my cousin got stuck.there was no way could get the bike out w/out a rope so we had to go back and get one. we were prolly there for 30mins waiting for the rope.he was also stuck next to a bridge on a major rode. when we got the rope my other cousin was hooked to him while the dnr was runnin down. i have a mojave so u guys know about that kick starter. i was sittin there kickin it 20t times and i finally got it runnin and then i thought if i run they are goin to get busted big time.so i had a perfect chance to run, but i guess i wasnt in my right mind. the guy was the biggest jerk u could ever meet.im only 13, and my cousins 13 but my cousin that got stuck is 25 so he got dumped w/ fines. i have to go to juvinile court and were not garunteed to get the bikes back. well thanks for ur responses

Old 02-19-2002, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider

Never stop! never ever stop!

But you'll give atvers a bad name.

Sorry. 50% of the time, im not sure if i rode of the trail or not. and i'm not about to pull over and chat with some stranger about it. Strange things can happen to you, in the middle of nowhere, with out witnesses.

if they are the law? they better have a uniform on and lights flashing on their machine. or be riding something with 660cc's or better. i'll take my chances...

and i'd tell my kid the same thing.

Old 02-19-2002, 08:16 PM
Pro Rider

what is watershed property?
if its the publics drinking supply you got what you deserved. and i hope they dont give the quads back.

Quick Reply: Do NOT rided your atv on watershed property!!