Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

how long does it take to rebuild a raptor tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2002, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ouch...........And people say my 15 year old quad is expensive to maintain!!

Old 03-17-2002, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

fasternu,

I have both, and in a Year and a half I have spent more money on the Raptor fixing Valves, trannys, Shocks, Axle, and all the other little STUFF then I have completely redoing the 500. Go figure LOL

Old 03-20-2002, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

Could have bought a Honda, but didn't want to always be in second place !!! (like you)

Old 04-03-2002, 10:55 AM
Pro Rider

Yes Certain people Do (GUARDOG). You're right but I have to be loyal to Honda's. You should see my Garage. All Honda's right down to my Weed Eater. 2 cars, Lawnmower, Etc. I know on the Honda Forum nobody else has had the problems that the Mighty Raptor (I mean Craptor) has had. When Honda puts out a product they make sure all the bugs are worked out so the Comsumer doesn't get screwed!! I guess Yamaha doesn't care. How many of you have heard about Yamaha replacing axles and Trany's for free??? They even admitted that they had a design flaw!! So you might have the 400EX in a drag race but through the woods and tight corners the 400EX has you!!!

Old 04-03-2002, 10:59 AM
Pro Rider

Oh Yeah I'd rather be riding my Quad than Wrenching it!! They don't call it the Raptor for nothing. By the way The Raptor went extinct millions of years ago. See A PATTERN???????

Old 04-03-2002, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

<< Yes Certain people Do (GUARDOG). You're right but I have to be loyal to Honda's. You should see my Garage. All Honda's right down to my Weed Eater. 2 cars, Lawnmower, Etc. I know on the Honda Forum nobody else has had the problems that the Mighty Raptor (I mean Craptor) has had. When Honda puts out a product they make sure all the bugs are worked out so the Comsumer doesn't get screwed!! I guess Yamaha doesn't care. How many of you have heard about Yamaha replacing axles and Trany's for free??? They even admitted that they had a design flaw!! So you might have the 400EX in a drag race but through the woods and tight corners the 400EX has you!!! >>

Hey that's great jackass.. all hondas.. when you don't have a job cause someone in japan is laughing at all the money you sent them... you'll wonder how great all those hondas really are..

Stupid people kill me.. the only reason I ride team blue is there was no real production of USA quads when I bought mine.. but you can be sure I'm look at cannondales now...

My truck F-350 v10 made right here in the good ole usa..
My 8x20 enclsed trailer, wow, made about 3 hours from my house in indiana..
My harley.. wow, something else american..

So go ahead.. send some japanense kid to college.. I'm sure the next generation of american kids will apprciate it.. &lt;sarcasim galore&gt;

And we wonder why there is a trade inbalance..
You're part of the problem, and if you ask me you're about as anti american as they come..

Brad

PS.. don't hand me all this happy horse crap about honda building cars in america.. that's all fine and dandy.. but the PROFITS still go back to japan, and the bulk of the money still ends up OVER seas..

Old 04-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

You know what nobody is bashing you!!! How dare you say I'm as anti-American as they come!!!! Have you ever served in the Military???? Are you employed by the US GOVERNMENT? You really Pi$$ed me off. I'm playing devil's advocate and you decide to get personnal. Last I checked you're riding a YAMAHA! Where are they made? I would like to know where you get your Stats on how much profit is being sent to Japan. I'm pretty sure if you checked those are Americans working in the Factory's in OHIO!!! You are really an idiot! If you are so Gung-Ho American why don't you grow up and serve your country like some of us have. People like you are why America is in the shape it's in. You are so Eager to point fingers and the blame that you don't want to fix the real problems. GROW UP JACKA$$!!!! I'll always have a job because of people like you. You really want to get into this? If so buckle your chin strap and tie down YOUR HOME ON WHEELS!! Sorry to offend anybody else.

Old 04-03-2002, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Bansheebrad, I too ride a yamaha product because it suits my needs, not because some other country makes it. If Harley davidson made the raptor, I would have bought from him. I served 8 years in the army as an infantryman and have seen more stuff then most people can freakin' imagine. I'm not bashing hondamarshal because he like honda. I don't see where you can call him an &quot;un-american&quot; though. Where do you think yamaha is made? Ohio, pennsylvania. Almost all of those parts are made in japan and assembled in the U.S. Hondamarshal is my neighbor and I can assure you that he's not anti-american!!!

Old 04-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

My dealer chatged me 3.5 hrs for complete teardown and reassembly. That's the quote right out of the Yamaha service manual.... You got hosed!!!!!

Old 04-04-2002, 08:36 AM
Pro Rider

Maybe you jackasses can't read..

I said I ride Yamaha cause there wasn't a single ****ing quad made in the USA when I bought my pair, and I'm going to buy cannondales next.

Beyond that EVERY thing in my garage was assembled by.. an american!!

I did my time in the military.. so **** you..

At least everything I own doesn't have a japanese name on it.. I have a 37k Ford F-350, 10k Pace American 8x20 enclosed trailer, and a 17k Harley.. ALL AMERICAN...

HondaMarshal2 was so damn happy to say &quot;You should see my Garage. All Honda's right down to my Weed Eater. 2 cars, Lawnmower, Etc.&quot;

Again, I'm sure some japanese father is really happy you did that, it's his kid you just sent to college.

I'm done with this post.. I hate to see stupid americans sending all of there money over seas. I have 64k worth of hardware that americans built, and less than 13k in foreign toys, that I didn't have a choice on at the time. My father worked for ford for 29 years, and you damn right I'm proud to be an american, driving and AMERICAN made truck.

And HandaMarshal, if you're such an american that now works for the Govt and did your time in the military, why are you sending a big chunk of your money to japan??? &lt;Just wondering&gt;

I just don't get it.. everytime you buy a car/truck from some foreign company, you work towards putting another american job in jearpordy. Those jobs pays taxes, the taxes pays the govt salary. In the end you're hurting yourself.

Beyond that, I work for an American company. We build roads, with big american made machines. Every truck/car on this lot is ford/chevy/chrysler. Some people might think we're red necks, I tend to think we believe in america, and it's products.

Quick Reply: how long does it take to rebuild a raptor tranny?