Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I Should Just Quit Riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2002, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I truly believe that my parents bought me a quad, only so they would have something to take away when im grounded. I should quit riding all together, I have great interest in the sport but I cant do anything with it. Im quadless right now, and until I can get my own quad, which will be when i have a job, so I can atleast buy one. My parents have NO INTERNEST in anything I do. They don't support any of my offers or ideas and im sick of it. Whenever im grounded, before I had a quad, it would be JUST the tv, or an hour in my room. Now its everything but the quad. I WOULD GIVE UP EVERYTHING BUT THE QUAD! Im 14, Ill have to wait 2 or 3 years until I can get a job and pay for my own quad, and then, there will be so many new quads on the markey I'm not sure what ill get, two years, thats 2004/5. Right now, I want a 400ex. It seems for $5000 it doesn't matter if it was $1. My parents just dont give a damn with the sport that I love, and they're the ones that are stopping me from enjoying it.

Old 03-13-2002, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LMAO. Sounds to me like they are not the ones stopping you from enjoying the sport you love. LMMFAO

Old 03-13-2002, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

Hey thunderpower, what did you do to get grounded? Did you deserve it? Speaking as a parent, when my boy is a pinhead, I take away his most prized possession, whatever it is at that moment. When he was a little younger, it was his playstation. If I took that away, it was like I gutshot him. Now it is the computer. That's the way it works. If your parents don't have any interest in quads, that's their perogative, but if they have no interest in <u>anything</u> you do, then that is <u>THEIR PROBLEM</u>. Also, don't say that you can't get a job for at least 2 or 3 years cause you can get one right now. Get a paper route or mow lawns or something. Show your parents that you are responsible enough to make some money to buy some aftermarket goodies, and maybe they will come around. If you did deserve to get grounded, then I don't feel sorry for you at all. Remember, we are only getting one side of the story, yours.

Old 03-13-2002, 10:21 PM
RIP Dear Friend

thunderpower,
What were you riding when you were arrested last Saturday? When were you grounded? What is sitting in the garage if you have a quad?
Chet

Old 03-13-2002, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

I can relate to you somewhat, but I have one thing to say, and don't take this personally but... Could everyone please stop putting their personal lives on the internet, I know we all have, but I get tired of reading posts that may be related to quads, but they are just too deep into your life. If you want to share stuff about experiences on here, make sure it is quad related(this is, but we don't need to know that your grounded or that your parents are boneheads sometimes, or that you are too). Sorry for going off topic.

Old 03-14-2002, 02:09 AM
Pro Rider

Masterblstr~

Well put. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I bought my son a brand new 2001 AC300 4X4 last year. He tore the living crap out of it. I gave him a warning that if he didn't start treating it like he paid for it, he'd loose it. Didn't happen. He lost that quad, I sold it, and bought a 1984 Suzuki quad runner for $1000.00. He cries the blues every time he gets stuck or can't make where the 4X4's go, but it was a lesson well learned. Every now and then when he starts trashing it the 'zuki, I remind him...blow this quad and he'll not only loose it, but pay for the next one out of his own pocket if he wants one.

SilverBear

Old 03-14-2002, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

Silverbear, Are we bad parents? NNAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!! When I was a kid-------no, we won't even go there!!!!!! My son wonders why I won't let him ride my quad. His mountain bike is sitting in the shed with a bent back rim and he won't fix it(I've fixed it about 4 times now). I told him that if he can't fix his own stuff, why would I let him ride my $10,000 quad and trash it? He rides his mountain bike <u>TO DEATH</u> but can't understand that it takes money and patience to fix it up when he buggers it. I told him that if he treated it with a little respect, he wouldn't have to fix it all the time. KIDS!!! As for you thunderpower WWAAAHHHH!
Quit your damn whining! Nobody wants to hear it anyway.

Old 03-14-2002, 04:57 AM
Pro Rider

in 1984 my parents bought for me a brand new blue max bicycle by mongoose.(my first and only non-hand-me-down) the bike was like $300. i still have that bicycle in my garage right now and i'm 29 years old. it's still in great shape and i bet it has 100,000 miles on it. my son just turned one last friday. if doesn't carry my meticulous traits it will be o.k. i'm sure he'll make up for it in some other way. but hey i'm just getting started with this father stuff. but i love it. my advice to you thunder is....well, i'm not gonna tell you to grow up. stay a kid as long as possible because once it's over there ain't no goin' back. but for now just wise up and realize your parents have not been kids for a while and tend to overlook things that are important to you because they have not seen things through the eyes of a 14 year old lately. but if you are being a bonehead then stop. the more responsibility you show them will earn you points. so don't screw up. your only hurting yourself. everyday you spend on lockdown is one day you'll never get back. and i know you won't hear this now but you will long for these days down the road.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

Bought my son a Brand new 2000 200XR, He was dying for it. He rode it like 10 times. I told him if he doesn't start riding it more often than I'm not going to pay for something to sit in the garage.

Well it's not in the garage anymore. Parents have the hardest job in the world and that's to help turn someone into a human being that can and will function in the world. We have to say what we mean and mean what we say and everytime we let our kids get away with something little, they try something bigger. I try to place limits on what I will allow and not allow, He didn't believe me so Opps no bike for him. It wasn't punishment, just principal.

Smitty

Old 03-14-2002, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

if i get in a fight with my sister, my parents dont think twice to see whos innocent, they just ground me off it right away, or if i track mud in the house from my shoes(ya i cleaned it up) if i spill milk on the floor, ect. Small things that shouldnt be worried about. This kid across the road ran infront of me when i was in 3rd gear and i ran over his leg, my parents believe me but they said it was the best thing to do?

Thanks for the lecture [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

chet:right now, a sportsman 500ho is sitting in my garage. I was stopped on my warrior, now its in the process of being sold.

Quick Reply: I Should Just Quit Riding