Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

I Should Just Quit Riding

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 12:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i took care of my warrior, I cleaned the air filter every month, I cleaned the carb every month, I checked the oil everytime i rode it, I watched for air pressure in the tires, I checked for loose nuts and bolts, I cleaned it too. I took care of that thing, and it payed off. Im not a bad kid.

Old 03-14-2002, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe the topic of this post should be "I should just quit bitching".
Someday when you have your own kids that are tracking mud in the house you will realize what lesson your parents were trying to teach.
It appears to me that your parents are trying to teach you obedience, guidance, and respect for others.
It also appears to me that you have parents that care which one day you will understand and greatly appreciate, alot of parents in these days don't care.
14 is a tough age and you couldn't pay me enough to go back to that age but as we all did you will get through it.
You should be very thankful that your parents bought you a quad, mine didn't.

Old 03-14-2002, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

When I was your age I was dieing for a quad or motorcycle.. mom and dad wouldn't have anything to do with it.. nothing.. nada.. not while I lived in thier house.. not even if I paid for it... so at 19 when I moved out I bought a 250r.. couple years later a banshee..

now at 30 I have a pair of 01 raptors..

So now I ride when I want.. where I want.. and how often I want..

Hey at least you go to ride SOME..

Brad

Old 03-14-2002, 02:03 PM
Pro Rider

sorry for the stupid post

Old 03-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider

<< sorry for the stupid post >>

It wasn't stupid if you learned something.

I was trying to think of a simily to help ya understand what parenting is like. You say you want a 400ex so I'll use that, image you've been wanting a 400ex for years and you are justing dying to have one. So you work your a$$ off and finally you have enough money to buy one. You get it home and are ready to go riding for the first time and go to start it and it won't start. You spend some more money on it to get it to run, then when it runs the tires fall off every 1/2 mile. How do you feel about the quad now? So think about it, would you want to go and buy aftermarket parts for it and spend a bunch of cash on something that doesn't work? That's kind of how it is when your a parent and your child is disrespectful and ungrateful.

I don't know guys did that make any sense?

Old 03-14-2002, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

OK so it's like this

400EX doesn't start: a young person being bad
buying parts for 400EX: Punishing your son/daughter

I think I understand what you mean now.

Old 03-14-2002, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, I got an idea. Why don't we all shut the hell up about this topic and start a new one about how much we love riding. I think we've beaten this one to death already.

Old 03-15-2002, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

Thunderpower~

Wasn't stupid, and considering you didn't come back a flame as a lot of young ones would, I'd say thats a great sign of maturity. Good job, buddy.

Mastrblst~

Once again man, well said!

Sheez...now I have to trounce through 3' drifts in a total blizzard, with no shoes....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Old 03-15-2002, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

I think a Warrior is pretty nice quad. Sure better than no quad. Your parents are trying to control your behavior, that's what parents are supposed to do. Sometimes they get carried away with their authority.
There is little you can do other than freak out, lose everything, or go along with it and try to &quot;be a good boy&quot;, and keep your quad.
.....Life is a funny thing. When you are a kid, you complain about your parents. As you get older you will complain about your boss. If you get your own business you will complain about your clients. Similarly, complaining about your mom and/or sister becomes complaining about your wife, which becomes complaining about your kids, then complaining about your kid's kids.
.....Congratulations, you are now a grandparent, and complaining about the staff in the nursing home they've put you in.
.....Do what it takes to keep your quad.