Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

The ugliest quad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2002, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just reading in another thread about the perfect quad, and some people were talking about different quads being ugly. A DS owner finds a Banshee ugly, others find the DS ugly. Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so I want to know what quads people think are too ugly to own.

Personally I think the Traxter is the Ugliest utility quad, and I'd also have to say that while I really like the DS's performance and ride, it is certainly the ugliest sport quad.

Then if you consider the new Rally, Bombarier gets a full sweep on the ugliest quad lineup.

Please note, I'm not trying to bash Bombardier, or the performance of their quads. It's just that based on first appearence these quads are the least appealing to me.

Old 03-20-2002, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

I agree.. the bombs are down right ugly.. BUT the 650 isn't... I like how it looks.. but the rally and traxter.. what in the world were they thinking?

Thye traxter gets my vote for ugliest
Then the rally..

But I have nothing against the DS650.. I acutally kind of like it (and I'm a raptor owner)

When it comes to performace.. poopalaris gets my vote.. I hate everything automatic.. ugh!

And when it comes to a company taking care of it's buyers, yamaha is worse.. if you ask me..

Brad

Old 03-20-2002, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider

Cannondale went from a good looking prototype to a butt-ugly production quad. What were they thinking?
....I love my Yellow DS, and the way it looks,
I think it looks like a Ducati cafe racer. The silly little fenders really work great, going down a sandwash my son's Raptor throws little rocks and sand into your face from the front tires. Mud puddles? all over you. The DS is the dryest, cleanest sport ride out there. I admit the front fenders look silly, like something off a land speed racer or something, but they really do work. It's kind of cool watching them go up
and down when you ride...
.....But that Baja color scheme takes some,,,,argchmmm,,, getting used to?
It does look better in person than in photos...
.....The all time ugliest quad is the Banshee. The motor is an icon, and it is one of the all-time greatest performance machines. But every time I see one I gag. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2002, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

i would have to vote for one of my favorite quads, an lt500r with uncut front fenders, they look awesome when they are cut, but if you have ever seen one with stock fenders then you will know that it looks like dumbo coming down the trail(well a very fast dumbo anyway)

Old 03-20-2002, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

i'm stuck between Bombadiers and cannondales. cdales remind me of frogs and the bombs just look like something designed for the elderly...The DS650 i like. it's their utility quads that crack me up...the rally looks like a toy

Old 03-20-2002, 03:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My old 85 Quadracer was ugly as heck..

RoostKing...

Old 03-20-2002, 06:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My vote goes to the Kawasaki Mohawve(sp) and Suzuki's King Quad.
But I really like My DS. and the Raptor, and the Banshee. Its not old, Its just "dated". They need to give it a look like the Raptor and bump it up to a 400cc.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-20-2002, 06:42 PM
Trailblazer

My vote goes to the Bombardiers, even the DS the power is good but those front fenders are ugly. Oh,there is nothing wrong with the Banshee's looks, but I would like to see it as a 400 or 500 from the factory, at the same price.

Old 03-20-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

the ugliest in my opinion is the bombardier quest...

Old 03-20-2002, 07:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

It has got to be the Pinocchio looking Banshee[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] the best looking has got to be my Rapdaddys raptor.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: The ugliest quad?