Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

bottom of the class :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that suzuki came ou with their ozark the beartracker is goin to be the worst atv in its class. That oazark is a great mechine it is even better than the recon. Yamaha has to update he the beartrackers motor and trans. The chassie they have is great t handles nice and it is light. If they could make a motor with the recon power in that chassie it would be a great mechine. And they really really need to do something about the trans. Some times when the trails are slick my boots get slick and then it is even harder than it always is. And the reerse system sux. It goes in o reverse fine just getting it back into gear sux. Sometimes you have to put it back in to reverse then forward then reverse again then bak to forward. I mean what if you were dangling off a cliff you dont have room to back up any more. Well hopefully with the new ozark coming out it will make yamaha think they have to do something with he beartracker.

Old 03-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

The Beartracker has good potential as an entry level quad, especially for kids. But It has the worst, stiffest shifting I have ever encountered.
Yamaha seems to be coming out with a lot of new big-bore models. This is great. But they need to go through their line-up and make a bunch of changes. Click on the Raptorette link in my signature to see what I think they should have done with the new Raptor 80, instead of just changing the plastic on the Badger. The Breeze needs real suspension and a makeover too. I'd like to see the Blaster updated as well. I'd like to see it with a 250, wider, longer, and a whole new look, like a midi-Raptor. I mean if Suzuki can copy their styling, why shouldn't they copy themselves? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

VERY impressive fourlix! I can't believe you sprung for the Works shocks, and the Maxis Razors. Wow, I wish I had a Dad like you when I was a kid. For that matter, I hope I'll be able to do things like that for my kids when I have them.