Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Warrior Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2002, 09:51 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys,
I have a Kawasaki Lakota Sport and I am thinking of selling it and buying a more powerful quad. I like the Lakota, but it is just to heavy (445lbs) to be competitive. I really like the 400ex, but without reverse I am not interested. I do a lot of trail riding in the mountains and have to turn around or inch my way out of tight spots and really need reverse. I can not believe every quad does not have reverse. It is such a useful gear. So forget about any sport quad without reverse. That basically leaves the Kawasaki Mojave, Yamaha Raptor(too expensive here in CR), Blaster(to small) or the Warrior. I am interested in seeing the new Suzuki Z400, but I think it will also be too expensive. So, I am wondering if you guys can give me some info on the Warrior, what you like and don't like. It seems to be a good quad and lightweight with reverse. Any input would help me a lot. Thanks in advance.
Lakota300cr

Old 03-24-2002, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

love my warrior, fits me perfect, runs great, handles great. but i really wanted a 400ex but without reverse it was a no brainer. plus i got my warrior form a spoiled kid whos daddy got him a new raptor, and wanted to see it quick. had it so far for a year and have not had any problems. the reverse is easy to use also. only real crappy thing is the air filter setup, but i belive prodesigns make a modified filter setup.

Old 03-24-2002, 11:46 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Lakota300CR you said the only options that had Reverse was the Kawasaki Majove,Yamaha Raptor,and or the Warrior, Well you forgot about Honda's 300ex,It is a 5-Speed Manual Clutch with Reverse, I am going to get a new 2002 Honda 300ex(RED)in a couple of months, I have never ridden one and I like you wanted a 400ex but since it has NO REVERSE I WILL NOT GET IT, I ride in alot of tight trails and it would be used more often than not, Here is the website to check out the Honda Sportrax 300ex:http://www.hondamotorcycles.com/mode...umber=TRX300EX

COPY AND PASTE IN THE ADDRESS BAR, Click on COLOR YOUR ATV TO SEE THE RED, Have fun choosing and get what feels right,I personally like HONDA'S but thats just me, Matt

Old 03-25-2002, 01:53 AM
Trailblazer

Well,

I've had my Warrior for a little under a week.. and I've ridden the thing everyday since I've had it.. I've put it through it's paces already and love it.. I am debating what mods to do.. I'm not big on top end, so I don't care about racing... Although, I was riding a Polaris Magnum 425 (which would top out at 56mph..61 down a hill [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ) and the Warrior will get the Magnum, although, my friend might not have had it floored.. it said he did but who knows.. so it's fairly fast.. Not like a 400 EX or anything but reverse.. gotta have it..

I think when the designers of the Warrior sat down they said "let's design the ultimate trail bike" and I would have to say they suceeded.. I love my Warrior.. My advice to you would be to find a used warrior in good shape and never look back.. I picked up my 1998 Alba Warrior for 1,900... I was on my way to buy a Raptor for 6,100 when I heard about the warrior... So I've got plenty money for mods... and I'm extremely happy... I love my warrior..

Old 03-25-2002, 10:32 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the great info! Hey 400ex2001, you are right. After I made the post I remembered the 300ex. I used to have a 250x a few years back and loved it! It was such a nimble, well handleing bike. I just wish it had a little more power, so the 300ex is definetly a choice since it also has reverse. So it looks like a Warrior or 300ex at this point. Again, Thanks for the info.
Lakota300cr