Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

ALL RAPTOR OWNERS... HELP ME OUT!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2002, 10:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 3 01's. The first one was purchased in October of 2000, #2 was purchased in November of 2000, # 3 in Feb 2001. All three have not had one problem and we do not baby them at all. Just in case somebody ask the serial #'s go like this, #1 00777, #2 063**, # 3 125**. It took the Raptor to get me away from Honda. If Honda does come out with somethng new it will be because of the pressure of the other companies producing new sport quads and who really knows when Honda will produce one? Honda seems to be putting all their effort and technology in the big utility quads for the time being. That is a bigger market than the sport side.

Old 04-05-2002, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

Killer,

What service bulletins and statistics have you recieved? I am interested to know about my quad, and the 02. It can't be private information if they are distributing it to service shops etc...

Raptors are junk? Dude, you have issues. I want to know which quad you would choose to buy today. At least Yamaha steps up to the plate to deliver new technology into the sport quad market. Kawi? Asleep at the wheel. Honda? Good quality and tons of testing, but along with Moose's thoughts, I can't wait 10 years. Yamaha has the largest lineup: Blaster, Warrior, Banshee, Raptor. These are guys who accelerate and push the market.

Even Suzuki is showing some guts in bringing out the QuadSport. I hope it is a rockin' quad. I understand that motor is great. Hope all the other parts are too.

Bring on a Raptor vs. your Tecate in a drag? Both modified? Or both stock? You have to be kidding. In the woods? Both modified or stock, still the raptor has the edge. On the mx, I will give you that one. The raptor has to shed 25 lbs. BTW when it comes to racing, its more decided by the rider than the machine. You must be pretty competitive on that Tecate. Wonder what you would be like on a fully built Laeger machine (realizing that they go between 10K-25K).

Talk about ownership pride blindness. At least the Raptor owners realize there are other quads which are better at certain things. They even acknowledge there is some issues with the tranny, etc. But it is still the best all round quad you can buy today.

RM

Oops, forgot, 2001 Raptor: no problems
Friend 2001 Raptor: no problems

Old 04-05-2002, 02:08 PM
Trailblazer

2001 Raptor, carb boots blew off and that is it, no other problems yet! Carb boots blew off after I installed a jet kit. Maybe I didn't tighten them up enough????

I also have an 88 250R Had a Quadracer 500, had a Canonadale Canibal, My brother has a DS 650 and a close friend has a 400 EX. I have had plenty of seat time on all of them and my opinions are:
The Zilla is faster still and the canondale was faster when the Raptor was stock.
The DS is more stable and comfortable
The 400ex has no ***** (expessially coming from a Quadzilla then trying that out)
The 250R just feels old to me sorry.

But for an all around quad I would take the Raptor over all of them. Granted it was costly to get it where it is right for me. But right now it handles as good as any of them and is as fast or faster than all but the quadzilla.

The pics are all in my sig chk them out.

Old 04-05-2002, 02:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Sounds like possible a little fuel leakage is the problem at the dealer. My Raptor will go about 45-50 miles 'till it's outta gas. We have had guys post their Raptor gets easily over 100 mles on a tank full.....hmmm.
I can't wait 'till my 750ex comes in.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2002, 07:59 PM
RIP Dear Friend

garyc660R,
I think you do have a fuel leak or you must be wide open throttle most of the time. If I only would be able to go only 40-50 miles I couldn't make it home and would have to carry gas in the six pack rack instead of what it is truly made for. I always head for the mountains of Busch.
Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2002, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Hey killer, We sure would be interested in hearing those service bulletins on the 02's. I for one would like to know what to look for before I'm out of the warrenty period.

Old 04-05-2002, 10:32 PM
RIP Dear Friend

THEMOOSE
Good point. That's what the forums are truly for= INFORMATION
Chet

Old 04-05-2002, 10:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

He won't help. Just wants to bash. Not sure I'd believe what he says anyway. JMO. 01 Bought in June 2001 Not 1 single problem. No leaks, No carb boots blowing off, no tranny problems. No nothing. Just lots of fun and a smile on my face everytime I ride it. During the first 3 months or so I was in awe of this machine. Absolutly perfect. I still to this day get a woody everytime I ride it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2002, 11:14 PM
Pro Rider

Well that was more info than we needed!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 04-05-2002, 11:21 PM
Range Rover

the only problem i had is the rubber boots that go from the carb to the block are very week ant they tear but other than that i have had no problems

Quick Reply: ALL RAPTOR OWNERS... HELP ME OUT!!!