Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Flaming and bashing....

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2002, 07:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im curious, how many people here think that the bashing and flaming gets out of hand? Sometimes it seems to take away from the question at hand and it seems that everytime you turn around, if a thread has more than a single page, you can bet that there is flaming out the ying-yang going on. Anybody agree? Maybe im just venting...

Old 04-04-2002, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, I think you are right. It gets outta hand, however I have come to realize it will never end, as long there are Honda riders!! (JUST KIDDING!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 04-04-2002, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with you. I posted a message asking what happened to my Kodiak when I jumped on it, and immediatley people were saying that I was spoiled, and that my parents only got the ATV for me to get me out of the house. This guy had no idea who I was. I cant stand people like that. People posted to my message 6 times, and only one person helped me with my question. The rest just flamed and bashed. However, I love reading the flames and bashes that are 3 pages long.

Old 04-05-2002, 03:24 AM
Pro Rider

Some of those flames are funny. But It turns bad natured quick. Some people can't tell a joke from a flame & they get nasty then someone else takes offence & its off to the races. It gets old quick!

Old 04-08-2002, 06:43 PM
Pro Rider

This reply came late but it came way over the line in polaris forum someone threatened to kill another person.

Old 04-08-2002, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Some goob just did that here too. Some people need to engage their brains before they start typing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 04-08-2002, 07:26 PM
The Facility

There will always be flames, as on every other forum out there.

I don't look at it in a way that is negative. Most of the time, more information is given in the flames than in the normal posts.

I know that at one time or another, I too have been under personal attacks on here, and taking it personally, I have flamed back on occassion.

I don't know of any saints that visit this board. If there are any, I haven't seen their posts.

I think the life threatening is carrying it WAAAAAAY over the line though.

It's one thing to poke fun every once in a while in a manner that isn't taken seriously, but another thing entirely when it comes to threatening one's life.

Most people confuse a position on a subject as being a flame just because one doesn't like what the other has to say.

I fell victim to this on the Polaris forum in the KING OF 4X4's topic. Never been flamed at by so many at one time. Maybe that's why I don't care to visit the Polaris forum as much as the other's.

You are the company you keep they say.

Old 04-08-2002, 09:32 PM
Range Rover

I think that the bashing is out of control. People are allowed to have their own opinion. These guys who come from other forums just to start that crap are pretty immature. Thats my opinion.

Old 04-08-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Bashing is part of the forums. I have been here for two years and it's always the same. Mostly one brand vs. another. I now have two brands of quads in my garage so I have grown wiser and have settled down a bit. Those posts are fun to read though. (once in a while)

Here are some examples of the most heard bashes. hehehe...

Polaris sucks!
Honda sucks!
Bombardier sucks!
Suzuki sucks!
Cannondale sucks!
Yamaha sucks too!

Just kidding.

Old 04-09-2002, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

A lot of them are simply debates and when someone starts to prove the other person or group of people wrong, well then it all goes down hill from there. On the other hand, most flames turn into a good, fun debate.

Ex. Debate gone bad... Cannondale forum - corndog says he should get a new EC1000 computer from Cannondale while others try to explain that it is an upgrade from the 500, not a recall. He gets carried away as well as everyone else (including me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) and now Corndog gets bashed everywhere he goes.

Ex. Flame gone good... Polaris forum - Someone says the Sportsman 700 deserved the "ATV of the Year" award and ofcourse many people (including me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) disagreed and a BIG flame broke out... I'm talkin well over 100 posts. But towards the end of this topic, it turned into a good debate about what really makes a certain quad "ATV of the Year".

I enjoy the flames and debates because like KNOWSALOT said, A LOT of good info is passed around in a flame.

Quick Reply: Flaming and bashing....