Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Big Bear is great in mud!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2000, 07:00 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a Yamaha owner YFM 350ER, and must respond to the comment of (Wolf99) of hauling polarisis out of the mud with the Big Bear! Here in these parts we do a lot of heavy mudding and the best machine in the mud is the Polaris machines, bar none!! The 4 whell drive system on the polaris, although a little more technicly complicated than I care for, is far superior to any comparable system on Hondas, Yamahas, Suzukis I have seen.
Regards!

Old 02-29-2000, 07:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mork, I did'nt want to fester up any problems on the ''who's a better mudder'',but anyhow,I certainly agree with your assumtion of the better mudders. I've mudded against enough Honda's and Yamaha's to know what im talking about.I know first hand that stock for stock,the Polaris 4x4's win in the mud.The weight plays little to no role in the mud on the Polaris.These are facts.I own a 99 Sportsman 500cc,and have never been out done in the mud yet.Of course I have'nt mudded against every single 4x4 quad on the market,but plenty of differant model Honda's and Yamaha's to know what im saying is the truth.4x4 vs 4x3,it takes no Genuis to figure that one out.===BILL

Old 03-01-2000, 03:43 PM
Range Rover

It was snow not mud. And im only stating the truth. why would i lie. the big bear is a great machine. and i have seen it go thru thing that would blw you mind.like mud almost up past the seat for at leas 50yrds with out getting stuck. going thu streams and small pond agian almost past the seat. dont ask me how it does it. but it is tru. and i was not putting down polaris. i have, and my friend have been hauled out plenty of times

Old 03-01-2000, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

I agree that the Bear is a great machine and would be one of the contenders when I replace my existing machine. The point I was making was the agility of the Bear compared to the Polaris, whether mud or snow. I know first hand that the Polaris Explorers I ride with have a definate advantage over most other makes due to the type of all wheel drive setup they use. Any 4*4 will get stuck, Polaris included but to make a statement that implies you routinely haul these machines out of trouble with your Bear leads me to believe you do not attempt to follow these machines in the mud/snow.
BTW: I still think that Yamaha makes one of the top brand machines on the market!

Old 03-01-2000, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Hey BigBear4x4- I'm assuming you saw the guy with the Wolverine with the 27x12 Vamps at Karnack. I talked to him and he said they were even aired up to 45psi. He was crawling around the mudhole where they had the races while my buddy on his Polaris was stuck trying to climb out the other side. That was for sure the biggest Wolverine I have ever seen.