Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Getting DMC for Raptor throwing away E-Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AZSAND,

I guess your 440 beats your piped DS then too.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:15 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

if you'll go to four stroke wars youll see my ds it is stage three and nitrous with some very aggresive porting. I DONT THINK SO!

but you can watch lyle with the curtis sparks boy's beat big ds's on a constant baises!!!!!with his 465ex yes it's true oh its true!!

Old 04-19-2002, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Guardog,
When we raced he still had the stock air filter on. Maybe the K & N really does make that much difference. We really don't care because we are friends and just enjoy riding.I wasn't slamming the Raptor I said it's an awesome machine. I guess we're not all pros like you. Some of us just enjoy riding with friends and modifying our machines. Guardog does know how to ride. He does quite well and can handle his Raptor. That was a fact that we stated about drag racing and being neck and neck. If there was a major problem with his jetting we would know about it because the machine would not run correctly.

Old 04-19-2002, 08:07 PM
Trailblazer

AZ Sand,

What you say is bull. Lyle did have a VERY modified 465ex running on alcohol there that beat everything including a 703 PAMI.... oh yeah, everything but the 690 Raptor by sparks. As I remember, the sparks Raptor spanked it by at least 8 bike lengths and that was on pump gas and only 10.5:1 compression.

As for aguing about 400ex vs. Raptor, I will let that go cause it is pointless. A liquid cooled 660 vs a very underpowered air cooled 400 is not even a match (even with porting, cam and piston work on the Honda).

Old 04-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

All of you duners that are riding raptors, bwahahaha.

Why?

In the area you live a banshee is by far the better machine. I ride a raptor but my terrain where I live is not sand dunes, it is hard packed dirt.

Old 04-19-2002, 11:27 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

CHARLEY i don't know what to say even though i was there and you weren't your going to tell me what happened at 4-stroke wars i was there and seen what happened so i don't need your input.the facts are you said that a 400ex could not beat a raptor i proved you wrong don't get me wrong i like raptors too but your statement was wrong!! and as far as the sparks bike being on pump gas.thats what bike bike run's on[wink wink!!!!!]don't belive everything you read i was the flagger at four stroke wars and i was right between those alcohol dragons as they came flying by on there way up the hill.the bottom line is setup!!!!

Old 04-19-2002, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

What happened to my thread! It wasn't supposed to be a 400ex thread. A raptor will kick it's ***...back to my thread though. I am going with DMC because I ride the dunes quite a bit. It seems to free flowing heads will give me more top end. Any one else have a DMC on their raptor? Do this person like or ride at the dunes. In response as to why I don't ride a banshee at the dunes well...It's always nice to make Shee lover qiver that maybe thier whining piece of two stroke oil mixing, gass guzzling pile might be beat by a low growling four stroke.Late

Old 04-20-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

RaptorLimited,

I think you probably can find a better exhaust for more top end than the DMC. It may look cooler, but there are better performing pipes.

If you are concerned about sound, go with the Yosh. The quietest, and the 2nd most powerful.

RM

Old 04-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Pro Rider

<< .......thier whining piece of two stroke oil mixing, gass guzzling pile might be beat by a low growling four stroke.Late >>

Ill meet you at glamis and show you what a whining piece of two stroke oil mixing, gass guzzling LT500R can do to your raptor.

Remember, 2 strokes rule the dunes. Its a fact. Yes, banshees are two strokes.

Old 04-21-2002, 02:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Bashees are two strokes? Wow it didn't know. Anyway what other pipes are better for top end? I am really curious about that. DMC just seems to the best for top end.

I can't get the bashee stuff out of my system...They are gas guzzling and out dated. Just like snowmobiles ect. the two strokes are on the way out. For allot of reasons the averge meathead shee lover will never understand.

Quick Reply: Getting DMC for Raptor throwing away E-Series