Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Getting DMC for Raptor throwing away E-Series

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2002, 02:12 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to switch to the DMC from my White Bros. I will also be using air box mods and jet kit. I WILL tell the truth on the matter! Anyone else have DMC on Now? Let me know. Any DMC opinions would be appreciated as I begin my "test" I will post what's up. I ride the dunes and would like the top end power.

Old 04-16-2002, 11:58 AM
Trailblazer

Since you're throwing it away, you can send it to me [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I'm gonna buy an E-series soon.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorlimited,
Check out the Duncan FatBoy4 pipe. It made a HUGE difference in my machine. I can now keep up with a Raptor that has a K&N air Filter and white brothers E-Series. We are neck and neck until 4th gear. He's probably 4-5 mph faster. Before he was a lot faster. Highly recommend this pipe.

Old 04-17-2002, 03:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks. I'll let you know on the DMC and what happens there. I will be able to compare it against FMF as well. My brother has one.

Old 04-17-2002, 10:28 AM
Trailblazer

Bwahahahahaha. Either your friend doesnt know how to ride or there is something seriously wrong with his bike cause there is no way in hell a 400 ex can stay with a Raptor. ROFL>

Old 04-17-2002, 10:31 AM
Trailblazer

Raptorunlimited,

Why are you not happy with your e-series? Did you get a K&N and a dynojet kit too? If you change all 3 your bike will be ridiculously fast. Do 2 of the 3 and it will not be much of a difference.

Old 04-17-2002, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

RaptorLimited,

Why the DMC?

Why wouldn't you go with the GYT-R, CT or Yosh.

GYT-R - Cheapest, best performing per dollar exhaust slip on.
CT - Best overall power, but loud.
Yosh - The quietest pipe (100db) with second best performance (DirtWheels).

RM

Old 04-18-2002, 10:37 PM
Pro Rider

Hey charliehorse, I'm the one that the hondamarshal lined up against. I do know how to ride and yes, the hondamarshal was with me until I hit fourth. The mods he made to his 400ex really made a difference. I do think I need to bump up my jetting and open up my airbox. This should make a big difference as well. Neither one of us are able to keep our front ends down in the first two gears. Ithink that the duncan fatboy is an awesome pipe, but also very salty

Old 04-19-2002, 12:03 AM
Trailblazer

Well, either you dont know how to use all of your bike's power or your bike is not running optimally because a Raptor with K&N, jetkit and pipe puts out at very least 10 more HP than a piped 400ex, (more like 15). I ride with 440ex's and they still cant stay with me in a drag race. I have an e-series, k&n air filter, and dynojet stage 2 kit. If you arent beating a piped 400ex there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with your jetting. I didnt see any aftermarket air filter. If you dont have one, that is a must.

Maybe your air pressure in your tires is messing you up. Sometimes tire pressure can have a huge impact on traction.

You mentioned your front tires come up in the first 2 gears, my bike front tires come up in the first 3 and i still have to lean forward for 4th gear. Sounds to me like something needs to be tweaked.

Old 04-19-2002, 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WOW I LOVE MINE ITS OUT OF THIS WORLD and not trying to start any thing but my 440ex dosent have a lot of trouble out running rappys or piped raptors for that matter. there is a point they leave me but thats displacement for you.

Quick Reply: Getting DMC for Raptor throwing away E-Series