Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Raptor Rev Limiter (HELP) *NEW INFO*

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2002, 03:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to use a oil that has no additives that reduce friction (read: cause of many clutch slippage problems). If the round seal on the back of the bottle says "energy conserving", then don't use it. Of course, Yamalube has no such additives.

Old 04-26-2002, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks a bunch guys. Well, I'm off to adjust my clutch. Also, when we were running there were two lanes. One was wore nicely where I have been runing myself and the we were cutting a new lane beside the other. It was an unplanted field with your typical grass chunks. It was an advantage to be in the smooth lane, but the only time it slipped on me was when I was on the rougher side. So that could have caused just enough shock or vibration to help in initiating the slip. Sounds good anyway. I do use the Yamalube (I am going to go ahead and change it anyway though).

I will let you guys know what I found out.

<< Two men came to race...........One Canondale rider (Stecate925) went home a humble man. >>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-27-2002, 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

greg v
check the adj on your shift lever, , maybe the gears where not fully engaged, letting them pop out. i've had it happen to me. also your manual gives directions on the amount of play in your clutch cable you should have . i doubt it's tranny rebuild time. yours is a 02, and i've never heard of a problem yet on them.
sorry to be off subject ,but i was watching super cross sunday,and on the starts, i was watching chad reed shift ,and he was stomping down on his shifter when he was going through the gears.
and i was thinking ,man that would be nice if our shift pattern was down instead of up. i don't know if it would be good or not ,but the dude was banging them gears... oh yeah, he crashed in the first corner.

Old 04-27-2002, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

It's pretty easy to revers your gear pattern. I did it on mine by mistake when I changed over to my 14 tooth sproket. Just install shifter splines to pivot the oposite way and ten your reversed. I imagine you would have to practice for a while, I can see where a guy could get himself into trouble.

I changed my oil and adjusted my clutch cable. I couldn't get it to repeat. So Maybe that's all it needed. I would think that if my trany was going out it would be noisy and bangin' and such.