Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Whats the deepest mud anyone has (or hasn't) made it through?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2000, 09:25 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend and I were playing around on his 300 Honda 4wd and my Honda 200S(before I had the Wolverine) in a dirt pit near my house after it rained.There was a big hole that looked dry and he decided to go through it.It turned out to be up to his fenders, so no he didn't make it through.Another worst stuck was when he tried to go through a halfway dried up pond.He was going about 35 when he hit it and he stopped right then and almost went over the bars.I tried pulling him out with my Wolverine from the front and popped the towstrap, that hurt.Then I tried pulling him out from the back and nearly got stuck.So I went back and got the tractor and then got it stuck.Needless to say, my Wolverine wouldn't pull the tractor out.We had to go get my friends Dodge and pulled the tractor out.Then we pulled the 300 4x4 out.

Old 03-03-2000, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer

i made it through like a foot my little blaster ya know with 18 inch tires

Old 03-04-2000, 07:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

just a saftey issue when ever you tow someone out of mud with a stap or winching with cable always put a wieght of some sort over middle of cable like a jacket or old floor mat from truck ,when strap or cable breaks it will go to the ground and not in your face! TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO KNOWS ABOUT IT!!!

Old 03-04-2000, 09:42 AM
Pro Rider

Me and my friend were riding in this one spot we thought was dry land. We were both riding Quadsports. He sunk down until his frame stoped hit from moveing. I drove passed (that was dumb of me) I went to turn around and then I got stuck also. The mud was that kind of mud that sucks you down into it. It was almost up to my waist. We spent 45 mins trying to get mine out so we could get back to his home and get some help. When we came back it took us about an hour to get his out. We had to break off pieces of the property owners paintball field. It was a big piece of plywood. We got out and got some other friends to ride with and played in some more mud in a different place.

Old 03-04-2000, 09:55 AM
Trailblazer

I made it through mud up to my fender plastic this morning. That was some thick shi* now! It was a 10' by 15' mudhole on my friends farm. It rained last night here so it was nasty in the hole this morning.

Old 03-05-2000, 10:42 PM
Trailblazer

Very difficult question to answer. Water to dirt ratio really decides on how deep of mud you can make it through.

Old 03-05-2000, 11:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

I live in Palatka, Florida. I've been up to rack height in my back yard. it's a swamp down there and the springs flow down the hill and make bad mud hole. Well i had a timberwolf with wooly-boogers on it and i mad it half way through it. My friend has a blaster with blackwater's on it and he hit it slow then fast and it through him right off the 4-wheeler and into the mud face first. It was so funny

Old 03-05-2000, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

one of my firends had his wolverine barried up past the handle bars where the brake box was the only thing sticking out.

Old 03-09-2000, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider

i was riding at the mudrun in karnack last year and was behind the dam of a big lake....was doin real good the mud and water was just barely over the floorboards and i was almost to the end of the hole....then i fell off in the ruts
it was about to the bottom of my seat and my exhaust was under so i just had to stay on the gas...my tires were just spinnin because they were not even touching the bottom....i just got high centered real bad....but that is probably the deepest i got stuck in(was an all stock machine at that time)

Old 03-12-2000, 06:56 PM
Trailblazer

i was in mud over my tires once and made it out but some of it was water.

00 Lakota with surtracks

Quick Reply: Whats the deepest mud anyone has (or hasn't) made it through?