Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Everyone please read and respond with your thoughts!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 11:42 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am very concerned with the Federal Governments attitude toward our beloved sport and hobby of Motorized Recreation. I am very interested in starting a Nationwide petition to send to the Senate in General. Along with this petition we could send a letter expressing our concern about our lands being closed to ATV's. If we band together like the treehuggers, I think a large petition (30,000 people for example) would be recognized.

I have also spoken with yamaha usa, and I think they might be interested in stating their opinion in this matter. Being: Without places to ride, how can we sell ATV's?

I am interested and willing to do the leg work involved if we could get enough support. I will contact blue ribbon and see if they think such a general petition would do any good or if it needed to be more specific. I beleive now would be a good time to do such a thing because politicians should still be sweating over the very close past presidential election.

Let me know what you think,

Josh Williams

Old 05-01-2002, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

Josh,
As a fellow mississippian i especially feel your pain. I totally agree with you that we must do something. I am 100% behind you man, if you need help or anything of the such, PM me. I agree with you that if we rally together like the tree-huggers we will prevail, there is nothing like a huge crowd of people to get your point accross.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:48 PM
Trailblazer

I am definitely in. Just let me know what I have to do. I will do anything so that we can keep our hobby alive.

Old 05-01-2002, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

Count me and my Raptor in!

Old 05-02-2002, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

Kodiak, I personally think that the best thing to do here would be to do the petitions by areas. Not necessarily states or anything but get the event promoters involved as well. Here in my area it would be Western States Motorsports. They support the sport more the anyone else and know a lot of people around there local areas and will probably be more then willing to take the petitions to local events and do a lot of the hard work for you. I have enjoyed an event called the Virginia City Grand Prix since I was young which used to have over 500 registered riders just in the amateurs event. Last weekend there were only appx 90 riders that registered for reasons that our local Bureau of Land Management does not want historic land to be ridden on so the event has been scarce. Your off to a great start, I just think that you are after the wrong people as a lot of us are just weekenders.. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2002, 11:30 AM
Trailblazer

i'll sign

Old 05-02-2002, 02:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just do it!!!!!

Old 05-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

I'll sign it.

Old 05-02-2002, 05:11 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, kinda brings to mind here in NE Iowa when we were ready to get an atv park...but the people in the area did everything they could to try and stop it...they managed to do so by finding an endangered species of snail or something.... Also, my friends and I like to ride the northwoods of wisconsin in the summer...but we only get 1/4 of the trails the snowmobiles get...and they still remain unused firelanes in the summer...I just don't get why they're bringing us down?!?

----------------
00 scrambler 400 4x4 K&N
98 xplorer 400 K&N, boseyn reeds, clutch spring

Old 05-02-2002, 05:16 PM
Range Rover

i'll sign

Quick Reply: Everyone please read and respond with your thoughts!