Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Question for the all knowing SILVERBEAR

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey dude,

Just ordered my slip on and K&N from John at Kentucky....He said nice things about you....though I figure he is lying!!!LOL

He told me you did not get the jet kit from him. WHere did you get it, and what jet did/are you using. Also, how much did you cut off the K&N? I have not recieved mine yet, just getting ready....can't wait!!!

Brian

Old 05-04-2002, 01:04 AM
Pro Rider

Bingo1~

<LOL> I don't think I'd go so far as "all knowing"...but thanks for the compliments. HAha..John is a good guy, and has never steered me wrong. Actually lately he's been giving me heck because my wife's C-Series look better then my Billets.

Jet kit...ok, let me think on this one. I had completely forgot about that, but I had ordered it from him, and my brother picked it up for me down in Boise as a B-day gift. I don't know where he got it, I never thought to ask. (I remember now, having to cancel the order because of the surprise gift.) Anyways, I'm running the DJ160 in my Grizzly. And, I would go ahead and order the jet kit from John if I were you. It's called a K&N jet kit for the 660, but it's made by Dyno Jet, and it's the same, just packaged for K&N. and I didn't have to trim too much off the K&N, just a tad. Admittedly, it sucks, but until K&N get's their act together and puts out one that fits perfectly...whats a guy to do?

You will be amazed when you put that combo together in your grizzly. One thing I might add, is the HMF slip on has a different bend to it then the stocker, so your heat shrouds are not going to fit. If my quad wasn't painted, I don't know if that would worry me too much, but sense it is, I was concerned about bubbling the paint if it got a tad warm. What I did was wrap the pipe with exhuast warp & take a pair of tin snips, and cut the stock heat shrouds to fit the HMF's pipe. Next thing you'll need to know is that you will not need to put that heat shield behind the muffler, like it is on the stock mufflers. Lastly, if you do have a painted Grizzly, I would also put some reflective tape just behind the billet end cap on the underside of your plastic. (never hurts to be safe over sorry on possible heat bubbling)

Any other questions, just holler...

SilverBear

Old 05-05-2002, 08:41 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info. Wish ya lived clsoer, I would love to ride with you. John did not have a jet kit left. I guess I will just try to pick up the 160 or so jet at my dealer.

Re the paint...what the heck are you talking about!?!? A painted grizz? I have the blue one (with a couple of strategic white creases for the tough guy look (LOL). I removed all the racks this weekend to see how it looks. I love it!! A few of my friends saw it and freaked! It looks like my old Raptor.

Old 05-05-2002, 10:24 PM
Pro Rider

Bingo~

If you ever get down this part of the country, let me know...would be great to do a ride. As for the jet kits...that's all you really need to do anyways, you can just pick your self up some bigger Mikuni mains from your dealer to jet up.

As to the paint, the silver Grizzly's are painted with a clear coat. The plastic is actually black, not silver. You have one of those awesome blue grizzly's. I've toyed with the thought of ordering the blue plastic from up there, but...the silver has kinda grown on me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Take care...

SilverBear