Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

WB Eseries or R4

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2002, 08:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a White Brothers Eseries silencer on my Wolverine and really like how it performs. My problem is that it is too loud for where I have been riding, even with the Quiet Core II insert. Is the R4 any quieter ? with the quiet core ? I would really hate to go back to the stock pipe.............. any suggestions are much appreciated.

Old 05-25-2002, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

The R4 will not be any quieter, either way. The only way to get quiet power is to get FMF Q system. Power will be down from your E-Series, but so will the sound level. How quiet are you looking to go? With a quiet core in my E-Series and 7 discs my Warrior is at 91 dB at 3500 RPM's.

Old 05-25-2002, 09:58 AM
Weekend Warrior

How did you measure your db level ? Do you have the original quiet core or the updated one ? I read the original was a little quieter. I have 6 discs in mine. Do you know anything about the WB torque valve ? Thanks in advance.

Old 05-25-2002, 04:36 PM
Pro Rider

I think I have the original quiet core. I measured using an industrial sound meter and a tachometer I picked up from www.sendec.com. Radio Shack has sound meters also that should work for this purpose. They usually have two ways to measure, the "A" curve and the "C" curve. Here in MI the state uses the "A" curve, which is a good thing because the "C" curve is much more restrictive.

I have the torque valve also. It is a stainless venturi designed to speed up the velocity of exhasut gas, especially at slow speed, thereby increasing torque. It works, but not a night and day difference kind of thing. It works best with other mods. You will probably have to take a die grinder and grind a weld inside the head pipe flange to get the torque valve to seat properly, takes about 2 minutes. I figured it was only $35, go for it.