Suzuki Discussions about Suzuki ATVs.

Z400 & E SERIES TUNING

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z400 & E SERIES TUNING

SO, ive made up my mind and will prob get the eSeries instead of the R4 for my Z400.

If I dont take the lid off - and run it with breather holes.... what size jet would that require ?
How many disks are good for this setup - i just dont want it wide open all the time (the airbox)
where do you buy the jets ? idont want to go out and buy a 99 dollar jet kit if all i need is one. or maybe 2 - if i play around with it.

On a side note, is it an easy thing to do in your garage ?? for the mechanically inclined ? ..

trying to see what you guys have tried - does white bros. give you specs when you buy it ?? i wonder.

thanks all.

Old 03-08-2004, 01:43 PM
Range Rover

Ok, one thing at a time.
If you leave the lid on and only add a few filtered air holes you can leave the jetting stock with 6-8 disk. If you run all the disk (12 I think) you will have to go up at least one size on the main jet.
WB usually come with jetting sugjestions. If you want the full effect of the pipe you will have to loose the lid, run all of the disk, if not more and go up to a 160+/- main jet.
It can be done at home but you better have a good phillips screw driver for the carb, and a good set of allen sockets for the pipe.

Old 03-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Mars.
I was also looking at the R4 - i see you have it. someone told me its alot louder ?? not sure about that. It sure does look nicer.

Ill prob take the airbox lid off then for sure - and go to 160 on main. whats the stock on that bike anyway ?

i wish there were instructions - like the ones that the dyno kits use - that i can view someplace. i did my 400ex years ago - but the instructions were pretty clear and lots of pictures....

ill try it ..

Old 03-08-2004, 10:48 PM
Range Rover

Hello again.
The R4 was rated at 95 db by Dirt Wheels mag. The E can get just as loud if you run all the disk. It does have a lower tone/pitch than the R4.
WB has been doing a lot of PR. They now include the main jet and the "power filter" with the R . They might be doing the same with the E.
If you have changed a main before you can do it again......I can send you a few PDF files from my service manual.
You can change the main without pulling the carb completely out. The is room to turn the carb about 90 degrees. Once you remove a few wire ties, loosen the carb boot clamps etc, drop the bowl, and swap the main. The OEM screws on the bowl are tight.
Either pipe works. The R has a hard mid range hit, the E pulls a little more on top.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]