Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Really unique problem or bad luck???

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone ever fouled a plug as soon as their bike got in the water??? Ok here's what happened...... I get my blaster back from the shop after they have put a new clutch in ( several weeks ago ) but it didnt run right, i cranked it for about 5 -7 min and it wasnt running correctly and it wasnt smoking, at all..... well, I soon discovered that the oil injection line wasn't attached to the carb, well im not the kind of guy to go making a scene and the shop because i know accidents happen and since the bike was only run for 5 or 6 minutes i figured there was no harm done, well we cranked it back up and it immediately was smoking but wasnt acting right so we tore down the carb and cleaned it good and checked the jetting and heres the settings and mods, Paul turner pipe and fat boy silencer and boyesen reeds , snorkel removed, but i have the stock airfilter. im running a 270 main the needle in stock position, stock pilot and the air screw is 1 3/4 turn out. i had a new plug put in when they changed the clutch along with a new air filter. elev - 600-800 ft. well i when i head to the river i unload my bike and it seems to be running perfect, as soon as the bike got in the motor the plug fouled immediately.... was it just coincidence or is there a serious problem here??? I havent gotten the chance to put in a new plug and see what goes form there, could the rings be fried from that 5 minutes of the oil injection line being off or could the jetting be SERIOUSLY wrong???? TIA for the help!