Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

TRENGA Poorist Product/Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 12:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the Trenga V3 Rear Disc Brake kit for my 98 Blaster with promises that at 1/4 inch of movement I could get my tires locked up. For two months I have been struggling with this brake kit with no results. I was told it was an easy to do install and I should have no problems at all. The only way I ever got stopping power was if the pedal was fully slammed to the floor. I told Eric of Trenga this and right away everything must be my fault.

The kit is 360.00 close to 400 with tax and shipping. I'm not a wealthy man but I work hard for the things I love. I saved my money up (in between the marriage and the house we are attempting to get) and bought this kit. I called him long distance many times asking for help and all I ever got was read the directions or "you are doing something wrong it's not the kit". Many times Eric was an outright @$$hole but I kept calm and stayed rational. I went to my folks house (45 minutes away) where my quad is stored and took pictures with a digital camera just so I could send them to Eric per his request.

I mailed the kit next day air to Dayton,OH just to have this kit rebuilt by the person that actually engineered it. I have offered 5 times to drive out to Trenga and have Eric put the kit on this way he could prove me wrong and I would actually have a brake kit that works. But 5 times he refused to see me if I drove out to his shop. After I got the kit back rebuilt my friends and I went riding (Eric said to take it out riding 4-5 times) it was a bitch to stop and they are nothing like a quad with real Hydraulic Brakes. When we got back and let the mud dry you could see fluid running out of the gasket area around the top of the Master Cylinder Eric's response "did you tighten it"? Ten minutes beofore he tells me the kit is ready to use "bled and ready to go"

I'm posting this to warn others about Trenga's service and quality. Like I said before I work hard for my money and when I spend it I want a product that does what it says. Eric's response "300-400 dollars is nothing I have customers spend thousands here" Hey Eric screw you and your business. East Coast ATV

Mike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

I was just at east coast last wednesday.. got some tires changed and a boatload of parts for cheap. Real cool guys..

Old 05-29-2002, 01:24 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a sweet deal I will be purchasing a brake kit from them real soon.

Thanks for the info

Mike

Old 05-29-2002, 05:01 PM
Trailblazer

If you want a hydro rear brake for the Blaster that works, take a look at what East Coast ATV has to offer.

I purchased this kit from them, and bolted it on (it does just that) to my son's Blaster. I did have to do some minor bleeding of the brakes (it came pre-bled), but it was minor. It works. Works just as good as the brake on my Banshee.

It even looks good. Just what Yamaha should be doing.

Cost is $350, plus shipping, and core charge for your brake pedal.

Regards,

Rog

Old 05-29-2002, 06:31 PM
Trailblazer

Thank you I appreciate the advise. I only wish I had known hope poorly the Trenga Rear brake kit worked before I spent the money and then had to listen to Trenga argue with me on the phone

Old 05-31-2002, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I'm kinda in the same boat. I actually visited Eric's house and purchased the kit. After many, many, many attempts at bleeding the system I have stopped. I can't get my money back so I'm going to have to deal with it. I have to press my pedal down almost all the way to lock the wheels. I do have some adjustment in the rod up top where it meets the pedal, but if I tighten that up I loose my brakes completely. It's almost like the pedal doesn't come down far enough to release the fuild. I was very impressed with Trenga dna Eric when I first did business with them. Call Eric Trenga. I am sure he will help you.