Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new pics of mods on my grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2002, 01:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff -

I love the overfender kit for your Grizz? I have only been able to find one kit and it was just some flimsy rubber. Where did you get yours? Thanks - Shawn

Old 06-12-2002, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

hey ratman,
the hole reason for the exhaust pipe is that the stock one is 3/4 I.d. the one i put on is 1 1/2 i.d. the ammount of exhaust it puts out is amazing. alot less back pressure, witch equals alot more power!!! heehee. by drilling all the holes in the baffle, it alows that extra air to flow through. basically, it is a poor mans aftermarket exhaust, lol. i would do this over an aftermarket exhaust anyday though. it is still quite quiet, and gives you the performance you might desire out of the quad. soon, vary soon, i will be adding a k$n filter and a jet kit. i bet the somobitcch stands up real nice then, heehee.

my pictures

Old 06-12-2002, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

HoarsNest,
My over fender (flares) are factory Yamaha. Go to any Yamaha dealer and they can order them. About $120 bucks for the set. If your heading to the Mounds let me know the day before by email and you can check mine out.

Jeff
jvancamp@miatvassoc.com

Old 06-12-2002, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

mich660- how do you like your grizz? I am considering one for my wife and for pushing snow. Is the ride comparable to a sportsman? My wife wants the smoothes ride posible and i realy dont want a polaris again.

p.s. need more pictures to go with the one labeled Oh my gooood!!! Its my favorite.

Old 06-13-2002, 06:47 AM
Pro Rider

Brandan,
the reason i bought a grizzly is couse of my friends sportsman 500. to compare them is not fair though. the grizzly is so much lighter, and lighter feeling too. it steers like power steering compared to the sportsman. alot more power too. i absolutly love my grizzly, and there is no quad i would trade for on the market today. it handles jumps like i never thought possible from a 4x4, it has gobs of power, and is easy to get more out of it!!!i plow with mine all winter long, and havent met the snow fall i cant remove, lol. hell, when i got my plow, it did so good, i started contracting snow removal just for the fun of it, and now i have over a $1,000.00 a day worth of work when it gets deep, lmao!!! needless to say, i pay taxes on the work, and write off my quad!!! yes, it is now a tax writeoff!!heehee. i have heard from numerous people that if you take off the rear antisway bar, it is even smoother and has more articulation to it. it allready rides so smooth that i cant emagine it can get smoother, but i hear it does!!!

my pictures

Old 06-13-2002, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

MichGrizz,
Before you get the K&N Air filter, look at the Pro-flow Setup. It makes a tight seal to the airbox, no dust is getting in, I ride allot of forest trails, lots of dust.
Have You by-passed the rev limiter yet?

2002 Grizz
27" ITP 589's
2500 Warn

Old 06-14-2002, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider

HEY, mike!

Did you do your bypass yet too? I wrote you a private message, but seems that you didnt get it, since i havent heard from you.....

I HAVE to get that thing bypassed...it is the one thing that PISSES me off the most. Cant even back up a sand hill (SMALL hill).

OK, i will spit it out, i was nosing into a creek and the water was WAY too deep, so i put her in reverse and couldnt get up a 4' long, MAYBE 20 degree, hill. GRRRRRR

I had to have a honda winch me...and that really burns my butt...lol

I am cutting that sucker as soon as i find out which wire it is to cut!

Jonathan

Old 06-14-2002, 01:18 PM
Range Rover

Frogman28~

There's a fellow in here, he goes by the call name 'SilverBear', who has done it. He is very helpful. His website has pictures, instructions, just about everything you would need.

In addition you can order an after-market kit to do the same thing. If you go to Ebay and search for the Gizzly 660 you should come up with a hit on another fellow's advertisments. If I recall correctly, it cost under $50 for the wiring harness, switch, and instructions.

I too need to get rid of my reverse rev limiter. I was in a mud hole and couldn't get out backwards. Any other machine could have just powered out of it. There must be a reason for it, in the mind of some Engineer. But out here on the trail I can't figure out the reason for the life of me.

Old 06-14-2002, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

I have read silverbear's instructions, and STILL cannot figure out which wire it is...lol (dumb as a rock, i guess).

I just dont want to go cutting wires just to find out that i CUT the wrong one. I also dont want a "bypass switch". I want the thing GONE for good. I am the only one that rides my bike, so i will be responsible for the consiquences. The wifes....well, i will just leave stock.

Jonathan

Old 06-14-2002, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Jonathan,
No I have not gotten rid of the Rev Limiter. I talked to BSA today, And he told me he would look up a way to get rid of t without a switch, and without your rev light blinking all the time. I know its the White wire comming out of the CDI box under the seat. But there is also another wire going to the sensor.
We ridding this weekend?

2002 Grizz
27" ITP 589's
2500 warn

Quick Reply: new pics of mods on my grizzly