Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

new pics of mods on my grizzly

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey guys,
i took some new pics of some recent mods completed on my grizzly. i snorkled my belt drive system, and made some holes in my side panels that work wonderfully!!! i also bored out my exhaust, witch added more low end power than i ever expected, as i recommend these things highly!!! also, with my 26 inch titan 589 tires with itp alunimum rims, i was hitting my fenders real hard while jumping, so i took off quite a bit of plastic, and you can hardly even see this!

my pictures

Old 05-29-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

mich660,

Look'n good!

So when ya com'n riding and helping me do that! lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

When are you going to post the "test" results of the new mods?

Keep up the good work!

Jonathan

Old 05-30-2002, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

frogman,
I am finally getting a chance to go riding this weekend to test the snorkle out real good. also. with the muffler mod, it is alot faster out of the hole. havent tested it on top end, but i am sure i lost a little. as for doing the snorkle, i would love to help ya, but your just too far. i dont have the time to go to the u.p for a week or 2. the engine covers is a simple mod you can do though, and i stand by it highly!!! i used a 2 1/8 in hole cutter, and lined up some holes in the side panels, and my fan hardly runs compared to before. i bet i reduced to heat 20 degrees just releasing all that built up heat! when i do advntually get up there, i will tell ya in advance, and you can get the supplys, couse snorkling it only takes about 2 hours, and is pritty streight foward thing to do. thanks for the replt, and try to keep it on all 4 buddy! by the way, i dont know of any hose covers for the grizzly, but i bet an automotive braid kit would work and keep it alot stronger!!!

my pictures

Old 05-30-2002, 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

i think that i might try a braid kit for that radiator hose.

As far as keeping it on all fours.....lmao

it didnt happen and i will post a short story...yeah right...about it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Jonathan

Old 05-30-2002, 10:24 PM
Range Rover

mich660griz,
Where you riding this weekend? I would like to checkout your mod's.
If your riding the Mounds then I will make it over. (8 mile drive)

Jeff

Old 05-31-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

jeff,
you live 8 miles from the mounds?? man, that must be rough, lmao! yes, i am going to the mounds on sunday, with some friends, to test all the mods i have done. i will be arriving around 11:30 or noon, when they open. i will be towing a new trailor with 2 grizzly 660 on it, and 1 sportsman 500. dont know if i will be driving my white dodge truck, or my brother in his ford bronco. would love to see you make it, and maybe we can ride a bit!
ron

my pictures

Old 05-31-2002, 11:27 AM
Range Rover

I will make it on Sunday. Look for the Silver Dakota with MATVA on the doors and a Yellow Grizz in tow. The gates open at noon.

Jeff

Old 05-31-2002, 04:20 PM
Pro Rider

lol, jeff,
your the man i talked to last year bout joining mavta, lol. my friend is kurt, he is allready a member. so, when i meet ya there, have the slips with ya, so i can finally join, o.k.? look foward to seeing ya on sunday,
ron

my pictures

Old 06-04-2002, 07:32 PM
Trailblazer

Jeff~ How did ya get yellow plastic? Can it be purchased, or is it homemade? Do you have any pics?? Thanks.

Old 06-04-2002, 07:43 PM
Range Rover

Ron, Had a blast with you guys Sunday. I cleaned out the clutch and all fired up for the poker run Friday. Let me know when your out and about again. jvancamp@miatvassoc.com

4x4mudslinger,
Here is a link to see my Grizz. It is a custom job. Look on High lifter under Yamaha "Yellow Gizz660" for all the info. on how I did it.

Yellow Grizz 660

Jeff

Quick Reply: new pics of mods on my grizzly