Sorry Guys,I understand now.

Old 06-05-2002, 10:54 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was easy....lol

Old 06-05-2002, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

I dont want to be know it all but what are you buying a banshee for??? They arent made to go in 3 ft of water. They are for playing and racing. Also have you ridden long??? A banshe is a handful and made to run hard. Plus 2 strokes takes someone who knows how to take care of them. They are a different animal than your 4 strokes. You can trailride on them but you better have it jetted right because you will faul plugs and have plenty of fuel because they are hard on fuel. I ride on tracks and trails i made around here. Which is a blast if you like speed . I have another 4 wheeler to ride on ruff trails.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider

OMG-- !

BANSHEE'S ARE the GREATEST quad of ALL-TIME!!!!!!LOL

Just ask Thrust!

Old 06-06-2002, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

The only trails I ride on are kinda like fire roads. I'm not old enough to race yet sooooo,the banshee kinda suits me. I drag on an old abandoned road from my house. There are some sandpits that are a 5 min ride from my house......all of what I'm doing is going to be wide open. When I sat on the banshee,and I got that warm and fuzzy feeling all over. A little big,but nice. I went and sat on a Raptor and it felt.....well like sittin on a quad......me and that 01 shee are meant to be together. Sniff..Sniff....I already know how to maintain 2-strokes quite well. DANG,I want that banshee bad.

Old 06-06-2002, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

IMHO They are the best quad of all time.

And its VERY responsive to mods from what everybody says.

Old 06-06-2002, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

KEV250r,

You are right about the water part....but it is suprising what they will go through. My buddy is really into playing in the water and he has had not trouble with any of his Banshee's...Personally I'd rather stay dry though.

As for trail riding, no fouled plugs here and between myself and my friends we have owned plenty of Banshee's. Stock Jetting is fine...I changed my plugs at the beginning of this season just so I would have a fresh set in, not because I had fouled any. We also ride on very tough slow going trails a good percentage of the time and they handle it okay.

I do have two complaints though as far as trail riding. First off, you have to keep them moving or they have a tendency to get hot....they have no fan on the radiator so they need the air flow. The other thing is that they have a very peaky powerband which can be a pain in some situations. It is most difficult on the slow going trails with steep hills that you can't get a run on because you will find that the Banshee kind of lugs down so you need to slip the clutch to keep the RPM's up. Then all of a sudden in the middle of the hill the power band will kick in and you will spin like crazy, sometimes getting stuck because of it.

Anyway, you get once you get used to the quad both of those things are fairly minor.

-Josh

Old 06-06-2002, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider

It IS surprizing the amount/depth of water a machine will go through....
that is NOT meant for water!

My old 85' CR125 that Im always rambling about went through tons of it.
I would mud bog the thing. nothin like being in 2-3 feet of water and mud having that little 2 stroke wound out in second gear throwing mud 100 feet high! lol
She never even hickup'd in the water, ever.

-Matt

Old 06-06-2002, 08:06 PM
The Facility

thrust,

The VENT lines which are capable of stopping fuel flow are the SHORTER ones. You wouldn't be riding in water that deep on the Banshee for it to cause any problems. You would have likely bogged the engine anyway by then. Fuel blockage would be the least of your problems at that point.

Quick Reply: Banshee Questions.