Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 04:01 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<< Rodsquad- got that lonestarcrf450 up and running? Ready to take out a few cannons? Got a new flashy pair of riding pants? Looking forward to watching you ride. lol

Needaraptor- I vote for Zombie to be the lead negotiater in the yamaha tranny lawsuit. I like the way he phrases his thoughts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
>>

I second this vote![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] Zombie is passionate when it comes to the raptor and I can appricate that!

Old 06-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

Hey 14mins! ---I'm still waiting on Axis for my suspension and then we can do the exhaust to make sure it will clear the rear shock just right. It's coming slowly but surely! Hey, you left out a few more things the Z400 does better than the Raptor: flies through the air like a 250r{not a grizzly}, handles like a dream not a 4x4,lol!! and is much faster on my mx track. Next time you ride my Z toss it around in the air. It feels like it has wings. We'll be in Kermit next weekend and I still haven't received my Z400 axle from Lonestar to replace the bent factory. Hope you can go. If not we'll see you the next weekend at your place!! By the way the pants haven't arrived.lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, again with the MX track.. everyone has one of those in their backyard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

If dirtwheels had it right they would have shootout with a stock z and a stock raptor. even on your precious MX track, I would like to know how far off the raptor is really. Then mod em like you MX guys would and see what happens, Both get a-arms, shocks, axles, tires but leave the airfilters stock if you want, stock pipes too for that matter.

Old 06-15-2002, 11:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You mean everyone does not have a full blown mx track in there backyard. lol

Realfastkid- EVERYTHING is compared against the raptor. Why? Because the raptor is the KING JEWEL. The big boys don't use the cannons for comparision, because they are a step below. Raptor owners have nothing to base off of, cause were are at the top of the 4strokes. And the aftermarket will ALWAYS make sure we stay on top. (Thanks Trinity and Sparks)

Old 06-16-2002, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Warrior007 - I don't know what you have against the MX tracks but it's a lot better than hearing about drag racing all the time. If you wanna drag race, let the gate drop and try to beat me to the first corner and if you wanna prove that you can actually handle the quad, ride the rest of the track. The reason you don't hear anyone compare quads on the trails is because most of the time there is no competition, just riding around and seeing who has the bigger ***** for climbing that big *** hill. We need something to brag about (as far as being faster) and MX is the best way to test your quad in a straight line and corners and in the air.

Thats not to say that I won't participate in some drag racing. I gotta race 14min. just because I told him a long time ago that I would. Just because you'll burn me, doesn't mean I'm backin down [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. Than maybe later there will be some Z400's and 400ex's for me to beat up on [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img].

Old 06-16-2002, 01:51 AM
Trailblazer

As far as my experience goes with the z400 is that it's alright. I have a 440ex and it stood no chance against me up Sand Mountain in Nevada.I think if both the Raptor and the z400 were stock the raptor would win. As for my 440ex it's no challenge for me to beat a piped and jetted Raptor.

Old 06-16-2002, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

Hey war.007- I've owned 3 Raptors, one heavily modded.TCS suspension,CT full system,axle etc.{10k+ Raptor} yes it handled better than stock and was faster than stock but it was still 400 lbs.!! And definately NOT faster on the mx track. My 2 250r's blew it away with half the $$ but not in any drag race. The Raptor is king in a straight line still pulling holeshot over my CT310 modded 250r. If the Raptor was a killer MX'r I wouldn't have sold them, believe me I tried most of the mods and I still had a heavy, not as good handling quad as the other racers. The Z handles like a mx racer and won't put a dent in your pocket like a CRF450 quad. I would have purchased a C-dale if there was no such thing as a CRF450 or YZF426 motor.

Old 06-16-2002, 11:34 AM
Range Rover

ok lets make this nice and easy for all you guys. if you take a banshee and a raptor if one of those two people suck at shifting up in the gears(in another word they suck at accelerating) the other person will win. I'm not quite sure which machine is faster so i would know exactly which would win in a drag. but people that have banshee's say they will win against a raptor. and visa virsa. see my point if you get in the trails you never know who will win.

Old 06-16-2002, 12:19 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I will check it next time Im on the MX track... whatever..

see you on the trails in the meantime!

Old 06-24-2002, 02:23 PM
Pro Rider

Experience counts in this category &amp; I don't own a Z400 so I can't argue but I would like to open the conversation up to the fact that the Z400 is probably as good as some say &amp; will hurt the Raptor sales &amp; will be a real competitor in the 400cc market, that is until Yam comes out with a new quad based on the YZ426 engine which rumors say will happen. I guess if they make the 426 too good then it may hurt Raptor sales too!?
As a trail rider &amp; big *** hill climber, I'll stick with my Raptor....

Quick Reply: New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400