Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2002, 09:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a previous Raptor owner of three, the Z400 will out perform the Raptor in everything but a drag race. It feels about a hundred pounds lighter than the 660{I know it's only about 30} I really liked my Raptors, but I love this Z400. Don't knock it till you try it on a track. After that the Raptor will feel like the GRIZZLY.{which still isn't bad} If I was a drag racer I would definately be on a Yamaha!!

Old 06-13-2002, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider

this mx thing is tired, heard it with the 400ex and now the z over and over.. when I am riding I ride with my buddies, when they get next to me its on. same with 95% of the other riders I bet.

Old 06-14-2002, 08:50 AM
Elite Pro Rider

<< this mx thing is tired, heard it with the 400ex and now the z over and over >>

A shimmer of hope. The 400ex guys don't even have that anymore.

Old 06-14-2002, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

Zombie66or, dude you awesome!!!!!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-14-2002, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with the track thing, I myself could give 2 poops what quad is better on a race track.......that's never helped me in the sandpits or old logging roads before........NeedaRaptor, glad you found yourself a hero.....

Old 06-14-2002, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not about to jump in the middle of this fight, but I do want to add just a few points for all to ponder. I own a 02 Raptor and a 03 Z400. I will say this the Raptor of course has more power and torque (its 660cc!!). But for a 400cc class bike (stock) the Z is going to be tough to beat and if you don't buy that then load up a stock 400ex and bring it to the house.

As for the fight about Banshee vs Raptor... simple solution I do more trail riding then anything else, and I don't need a no reverse, fouling plugs, power band comming in at the least and most inoppertune times, slipping the clutch, Banshee. I had one and damn near gave it away. I know the next comments about this is its all the rider well thats fine to, bring your Banshee and lets go trail riding.

On the other hand though give me a field or some dunes and a Banshee is a blast and a total rush to ride.

Long story short we can find strenghts and weeknesses for each bike out there some we have to look harder for, but they are there. Also even though we may not like to admit it some of this will come down to the rider plain and simple &quot;some people ride better then others&quot; A budy of mine has a warrior that I could take and out run him on if he was riding my Raptor.... (BUT FAT CHANCE HE IS GOING TO RIDE MY RAPTOR).

Old 06-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Pro Rider

Well said Raptorman!!

Old 06-14-2002, 10:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Rodsquad- got that lonestarcrf450 up and running? Ready to take out a few cannons? Got a new flashy pair of riding pants? Looking forward to watching you ride. lol

Needaraptor- I vote for Zombie to be the lead negotiater in the yamaha tranny lawsuit. I like the way he phrases his thoughts.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-15-2002, 01:59 AM
Weekend Warrior

this is y i own a dale. this a big war with the raptor and the Z. they are both great bikes so every one should shut up. i say the loser is dirt. some of you guys can talk fast but can u go fast? I love all the C-dale owners in here they know they have a great quad and stay out of all this stuff. let them rip on the 29th. and the Z dose good as a SPORT Quad and all it is is a SPORT Quad not a race Quad like the CANNONDALE!

Old 06-15-2002, 03:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you bought a z400 to race against the raptor........ A raptor owner spends 400 and moves up to 47 plus hp...... In the 4stroke power department the raptor can't be beat. Anyone buying a sportquad with the intention of outrunning the raptor........ I don't think anyone can seriosly say, I am buying a Z400 so i can show those raptor boys who owns the drag stip. lol For every fast DS650,703,760 you find you will find 400 raptors. The only think a z400 does better than a raptor is find nuetral, and has a little lighter sterring feel. And yes i have ridden a Z. Next year when my kid needs a new quad i will buy him either a Z or a dale.

Quick Reply: New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400