Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2002, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CBUS yeah it's hard to believe the magazines. I will say after racing around on my Dale against my brother on his Z the only thing the magazines missed was the low end. It is lacking on the Z. No lid and snorkel improves it quite a bit though w/ the rejet. My wife rides her Z at the dunes and coming off a 400ex she is getting up big dunes much easier on her basically stock Z. She says it doesn't handle quite as good as the 400ex but she is very happy w/ the slick shifting and the overall package. I bought my Dale for my occassional mx racing. It's gonna improve my lap times by at least 5 seconds compared to my +5 front and rear Raptor.

Old 06-06-2002, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

<< Ok, you got me there. I even have an autographed copy of his book. Man, I didn't realize it was so obvious - gotta have a role model, right? >>

Atleast when you opine you make it pithy.....it's gotta be pithy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-06-2002, 07:59 PM
The Facility

Where is that drag race forum that everyone wants from time to time.

Seems we need it now more than ever.

Old 06-06-2002, 11:12 PM
Trailblazer

Look guys, i have a 01 Raptor (stock) and i have beaten about five different shees so far. So what. I just wanta have fun. If i lost i wouldnt care. My point is Ride to have fun, not compare Guns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2002, 09:17 AM
Elite Pro Rider

THats good news CBUS660! I hope to see the Z's being competitive in the cross country and MX scene.

Old 06-07-2002, 11:50 AM
Pro Rider

<< Look guys, i have a 01 Raptor (stock) and i have beaten about five different shees so far. So what. I just wanta have fun. If i lost i wouldnt care. My point is Ride to have fun, not compare Guns[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] >>

JumpinJack, I assume that your post is in response to what I said to Zombie. My point wasn't to put down Raptors but to put Zombie in his place; I have a lot of respect for the Raptors from a performance perspective but the truth is that a Raptor, Banshee or whatever isn't the best machine for everybody. Nothing is &quot;best&quot; or &quot;supreme&quot;; they are all different and excel in different areas.

By the way, I have read so many posts on here from Banshee, Raptor and DS650 owners that they have never lost a race to the other. Personally, I would NEVER make that kind of statement; people might think I'm talking out my butt.

Knowsalot, you're right. We DO need a racing/kill stories/whatever forum on here to let people do their bench racing and tell their stories without clogging up the regular forums.

Old 06-07-2002, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Hey WyoDuner, I did not respond to ypur post because I did not want to get into a Pi$$ing match with you. I'm trying to quit that **** on this forum.
However, you keep running your mouth.
I read your mods on your shee, impressive yes.The Fastest Banshee in the world? Hardley. However, you must be used to running against STOCK Raptors,. My Raptor is very far from stock, and I doubt you could beat me in a drag. Down here we have to run with Alky Banshee's
your average run of the mill banshee's like your's don't last long. When I jumped on the Z400 it was because I'm tired of hearing &quot;2 hp less than the Raptor&quot; &quot;It'll whip a Raptor&quot;
&quot;I beat a Banshee on my Z400&quot;. As for putting me in my place, Hardly.
I respect the Heck outta the Banshee, built right they cannot be beaten. You can go buy whatever DirtWheels says is the best, you seem like that type. I'll stick with Yamaha. I also need to clean my vulgar language up.

Old 06-07-2002, 04:16 PM
Pro Rider

<< Hey WyoDuner, I did not respond to ypur post because I did not want to get into a Pi$$ing match with you. I'm trying to quit that **** on this forum.
However, you keep running your ****$ucker.
I read your mods on your shee, impressive yes.The Fastest Banshee in the world? Hardley. However, you must be used to running against STOCK Raptors,. My Raptor is very far from stock, and I doubt you could beat me in a drag. Down here we have to run with Alky Banshee's
your average run of the mill banshee's like your's don't last long. When I jumped on the Z400 it was because I'm tired of hearing &quot;2 hp less than the Raptor&quot; &quot;It'll whip a Raptors ***&quot;
&quot;I beat a Banshee on my Z400&quot;. As for putting me in my place, Hardly.
I respect the Hell outta the Banshee, built right they cannot be beaten. You can go buy whatever DirtWheels says is the best, you seem like that type. I'll stick with Yamaha.
>>

Ritalin.... Prozak..... Weed..... Maybe one of these can help you.

Man, you are touchy!!!

Look on here and you will NEVER see a post from me claiming to be the fastest, best, whatever... I'm too darn fat to be able to drag race and have a fighting chance. A battle of wits on the other hand; that is one &quot;race&quot; you will never win with me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I figured I would quote you so that even after you edit out more of the profanity and silliness in your post you can look at my post and feel ashamed again... I'm here to help. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-07-2002, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about this, SHUT UP AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-07-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

&quot;I'm tired of hearing, I beat a Banshee on my Z400&quot;

Why? Too much of a &quot;Yamaha follower&quot; to believe? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: New ATV Action Magazine Test of Z400