Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rev Limiter question...(silverbear or others)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2002, 04:24 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the information on the CDI box. I will make the modifications as you guys indicate.

~SilverBear~
I went to your website and examined the instructions you have posted on the Reverse Rev-Limiter bypass.
If I've got it right, you indicate that the White and Green striped wire in that wiring harness under the left cowling. From the instructions there, it appears that you simply tapped into that conductor right?

So instead of there being two conductors meeting in that 'bullet' connector, there would now be three: the two existing White and Green striped, OEM conductors and the new conductor that runs to the negative on the battery. Is this correct?

(I really need to get that complete service and maintenance manual you were talking about.)

Thank you for your patience.

~mich660griz~
Thanks for your previous posts on the recent modifications you have made to your machine. I have vented the cowling. The only difference is that I created two rows of vents. I put in the large vents on the top like you did, but I also put in a row of small vents down along the bottom. It does make a difference like you said it would.
I also modified my muffler. What I did is sort of a hybrid version of yours. I perforated the baffle like you did. But I did not increase the size of the tail pipe. Instead, what I have done for now is to trim the tail pipe that sticks into the Muffler under the spark-arrester. That little section of pipe is now gone.

Thanks for the good ideas.

Old 06-29-2002, 12:04 PM
Pro Rider

Ratman~

Almost....

You're correct on the location and you're also correct in that I just tapped into that wire. So, there is one wire coming out of that area that I tapped, and I take the wire to the one side of a momentary switch (or any switch for that matter)..Now on the other side of the switch, I run a wire to the negative on the battery....what bypasses the reverse limiter is when you activate the switch, you are grounding out that line....so in my case I used a switch that was normally open...and when I press it, it closes it (creates continuety from that white/green wire and to the ground...which grounds it out.) and grounds out, which bypasses the reverse limiter.

Any questions, just holler.

SilverBear

Old 12-07-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rev Limiter question...(silverbear or others)

Can this also be done with a kodiak 450?