Yamaha Discussions about Yamaha ATVs.

Rev Limiter question...(silverbear or others)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2002, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, i must be a total dumbass because i cant find the "white" wire that needs to be bypassed.

Tell me if i am right...the CDI is under the seat on the driver side...and there are three plugs there. Is it the plug that is on the bottom? and if so, then it is THAT white wire?

One more quick question.....can i just cut the wire...or ground it? I dont really care for a bypass at all...i just want that dANG rev limiter GONE!

Jonathan

Old 06-14-2002, 02:31 AM
Trailblazer

Heres the best I can do for you, I'm not a my computer and the one im at doesn't have the file veiwer but go to www.albaaction.com and on the left it has a link to a parts finder find your atv and then the sub catagory and go from there it is pretty detail, sorry i couldn't be more of a help

-Steve

Old 06-14-2002, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

I looked at that website and it only lists the 2001 model of the griz. Looks completely different than the electrical on the 02 model. (at least where i think the CDI box is).

STILL WAITING!!! lol

thanks guys for the help.

Jonathan

Old 06-14-2002, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry I will find a 02 diagram for you sorry bout that.

-Steve

Old 06-14-2002, 05:13 PM
Pro Rider

No big deal....thanks for trying...i was at the dealer today, and even with the IPB that they have, they coulnt figure out which one it was either. The owner wants to do the same thing. GO FIGURE.

Jonathan

Old 06-14-2002, 07:35 PM
Trailblazer

It is the white wire comming out of the bottom of the CDI. If he has a wiring diagram, and can not find the reverse limiter and trace the wires back, then I don't think I would want him touching my Quad.....

Old 06-14-2002, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah me either I have a dealer that couldn't even install a pair of silencers on a shee for a friend I told him to bring it over I just had to ajust the pipes up front and they fit like a charm.

-Steve

Old 06-28-2002, 07:06 PM
Range Rover

Dumb Question Time:

I mean a really dumb question [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

What, exactly, is the "CDI" ?

Is it the whole electrical junction box that is under the seat?

Is it the single white relay that is inside that junction box?

Or, is it one of the other relays that is to be found there?

I have done a search on the subject and read post after post. I can find many references to the 'CDI box'. Possibly I am just overlooking the obvious, "Can't see the forest for the trees" kind of a thing.

I appreciate your forebearance and help in advance.

Old 06-28-2002, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

frogman,
the cdi box is in the area of all the electrical wires and plugs. it is the big box, on the outside wall, and is held into place with 1 philips head screw right on top in the middle of the box. unscrew the screw, and jently pull the box up and out. it will be hard to pull out, couse it is packed in there real tight like. the box is about 3 inchax3 inchs, and about 1 inch thick. once you get the box out far enough to see the wires, you will have to cut the sheething back to ecpose all the wires in it. then, you will see the only white wire there. cut the wire about 1 or so inchs from the box( to leave a little left just in case you ever want to reinstall it) cut the wire. just cut it, and use electrical tape on both sides. carefully put the cdi back in. it fits into its own groove, so it can be a little tricky to do. it works, and you will be happy. go find it and do it. your reverse light will flash, but it works. good luck, and i m me if i havent explained it good enogh.
Ron

my pictures

Old 06-29-2002, 01:10 AM
Pro Rider

Frogman~

Mich is right on it...if memory serves me correct it is wire #14 on the wireing diagram coming from the speed sensor. It is the only white wire that goes into the bottom plug of the CDI...and you do have to cut the electrical tape back a bit to get at these wires...Do not ground this wire out, you can put an inline switch in to have continuety or break it (then it's bypassed), or simply cut it and tape the ends off, and it will always be bypassed....I would suggest against this course of action because that wire also controls the diff lock engaging limiter...(it gets its info from the speed sensor as well) which is the little puppy that wont let you lock your front diff when travelling faster then 3mph..a good safety feature I think for the logivety of your front end. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

SilverBear

Quick Reply: Rev Limiter question...(silverbear or others)